Chapter 4: Death Date

I woke to find Francis already gone. I got myself tidied up and put on a velvet dress. I had one of the servant help me tie up the back and fetch me my crown. I was walking through the halls looking for Francis when I bumped into Cathrine.

"My dear Child, how are you... Pregnant?" She says her face lighting up.

"I'm alright and... no." Cathrine face dimmed. "Im actually looking for Francis have you seen him?" I asked impatiently.

"Why yes. He was speaking with his father this morning. I could hear the yelling all the way from my chambers. Wonder what they were chattering about." She said picking at my hair. I made a face and pushed her hand away.

"Well I'll be on my way. Good day Cathrine." I said. She didn't get to respond before she began to yell at one of the servants for dropping a vase.

I entered the throne room to see they weren't there. I went to Henry's studies and they weren't there either. Eventually I made my way to the war room. I found Henry scurrying around placing objects all over the map table. Francis was in the corner yelling at his father.

"What is going on here?" I demanded.
Francis and Henry both turned to see me standing there.

"That is non of your-"

"He's planning on going to war!" Francis interrupted his father.

"Why that's nonsense. France can't afford a war- let alone maintain its alliance with Spain!" I said. I walked over to the maps to see it completely full. There were troops and companies scattered everywhere.

"This is madness..." I said backing away.

"It's not madness it's justice. They stole Calais from us. I'm taking it back. Now get out you weren't invited." Henry said. He waved his hand and the next thing I knew 2 guards were grabbing my arms and dragging me out.

"Father!" Francis called out.

Just like that. The dragged me out of the room and stood guard of the door. Francis came rushing out, ordering the guards to go back inside. At least one of us has some authority here.

"I'm sorry about my father... I'll take care of it Cara-" he began.

"No." I cut him off. "I saw the maps and his face. He's gone mad this will ruin France AND Spain. We can't let him go through with this."

"Sounds like you need a plan. How I love plans.." a voice says. We both turned around immediately to see Cathrine with a smug look on her face.

"Mother....."

KEEP READING! AFTER SOME TIME I DECIED TO CONTINUE THIS STORY SO ENJOY. STORIES WILL BE COMING OUT LONGER THAN USUAL THOUGH SO BE PATIENT PLEASE!