Chapter 1: Husband & Wife

It's been 2 months since the wedding. Francis and I have been touring all over Europe as a honeymoon and finalizing important business. The problem of course was having an heir. It's been a while and I still have not gotten pregnant. Francis always talks about being a father and I just wish that I never have to make him let go of his dreams. We finally got back to French court. Finally I get to see my fiends again. Mary and Bash had gotten married and the wedding was beautiful. Bash was crowned King and they have been staying in Scotland for a while. Now only Kenna remains at court sadly. My mother still is trying to bring an upraising and take me down from the throne. She thought this marriage with Francis would give her more power in Spain, little does she know I've been working with Francis to ensure another regent is held in place.

We got through the castle gates and entered the doors. I took off my shawl that was wrapped around me shoulders and saw Cathrine rushing towards us. It was winter finally and there was snow everywhere. Luckily we made it back to the castle in time to not be stuck in the snow.

"Ah, if it isn't the newly weds. Come greet your mother Francis." Cathrine says hugging and kissing our checks.

"Cathrine is lovely to see you again. I see you've been busy." I say looking around at all the decorations hung around the castle.

"So you've noticed. Well something I haven't noticed yet is a bump? Are you pregnant yet?" She asked so bluntly.

"Mother, now isn't the time nor place." Francis interrupts.

"It's alright Francis. No I'm not; but it's only been 2 months we still have years ahead of us."I said. But I knew better than anyone and heir is the sole purpose of this marriage.

"Of course.." Cathrine said although I knew she was worried.

We continued our way around the castle being greeting by everyone. It was so different without Mary and the girls running around here. Francis and I moved into our chambers. I redecorated everything. Mary sent me so many items from Scotland to use. She even sent me a portrait of her. She said I should hang it up by the door to bring good luck. I wrote back saying it's in the guest headroom haunting everyone.
"It looks lovely in here, you did a nice job." Francis saying walking over to me.
"Yes I suppose so. Mary did all the work though sending us all this stuff, I don't even have space for it." I said pointing to all the barrels. Francis went over to the barrels; picked them up and moved them to the side.
"There is always time for unpacking. But for now we must get ready. There is going to be another ball. My mother insists we have one as a Hope for an heir." Francis says laughing.
I sighed. "Yeah whatever that means.." I said putting down the painting I was holding. "We will have an heir; Within time. You mustn't drag yourself, besides either way you are an amazing wife." Francis says kissing the top of my head. "Thank you Francis. Well we must hurry and get ready now." I said breaking the room.

The ball was huge. Gosh I wanted to strangle Cathrine right here beside the sugar biscuits she ordered from Switzerland. She said it would be a small get together. Something like "hey, can't wait for the baby!" Not "everyone and everything depends on this child which you can't bore." Cathrine went around the whole room parading about how great it is that Francis has a wife. I could hear all the shippers about not  seeing a bump. I wanted to leave. Suddenly someone held my hand.
"How about a dance with my wife?" Francis asks.
"Why of course." I said placing the biscuit I had back on the platter.
There was music all around us and people cheering and clapping. It felt good to be back in Francis arms again. We did a lot of dancing traveling Europe; but it's not the same dancing in our future kingdom. The music eventually died down and we stopped dancing. Francis went over to talk with some guests and I retired myself to my chambers. I couldn't handle anymore of this chaos.

It was late and I was already asleep when I awoke to the sound of the door open. Francis entered inside.
"I didn't mean to wake you." He said. Blowing out a candle and laying beside me.
"It's alright, I sleep easily." I smiled.
"I'm so sorry about my mother. I made sure to tell her that nothing like this will ever happen again." He said.
"It's not your fault I'm not pregnant." I said. I wasn't sure there was any Hope. Most people already bore children a week after their marriage; so why not me?
"Don't blame yourself. We have years ahead of us. Surely you'll be a mother soon enough." He said putting my head to his chest. I laid there resting my body against his.
"I hope so Francis, I hope so...." I said finally dozing off into a deep sleep.

That's it for now! Stories will be taking a bit longer now but I'm back from vaca! I'll be make longer stories too! Make sure to read the first book before hand!