Chapter One

Heyyya, so this is my first story, please go easy on me, hope you enjoy :D

_________

My stomach pulsed in disgust as I carried the dripping garbage bag out to the bin on the kerb outside our home. I didn’t want to know what was in it; the smell coming off the suspicious liquid was enough to make a dog not go near it.

On tip toes I crossed the gravel and thorns to get to the roadside where our big green wheelie bin sat, jutting over the edge. Just as I was lifting up the lid to rid myself of the foul bag, I heard a shout from further up the street. Automatically my head snapped up, looking to the source of the shout. Six figures were outside the Morrison’s house. The Morrison’s were currently on holiday and every morning I had to go over and feed their disgusting, old, slobbery dog Rodger.

The Morrison’s weren’t home, why were six people outside their house? I stayed still, hardly daring to breath. What if they were robbing the house? Would I be called in for questioning? No, I could hardly see them! Crazy thoughts ran through my head until I silenced them, straining my ears to hear what the group were saying, if they were saying anything at all.

I couldn’t make out much, but from what I could, the group were defiantly arguing, and getting pretty aggressive. When two of the group started shoving each other, then one swung at the other’s face, I decided it was time for me to make my exit. I dropped the bag into the bin, wincing as it landed at the bottom, the sound of breaking glass echoing up and down the street. Quickly I slammed the lid shut.

The fight had gotten more and more violent. I tried to avert my eyes but when I glanced up from the ground to look at them, one was on their knees, their opponent pointing their hand at their head. No, that wasn’t a hand.

Before I could even think, a loud resounding BANG filled my hearing as I let out a whimper, my knees feeling weak. Oh God, oh God. His lifeless body fell backwards. I couldn’t function. My vision blurred. A strange sensation filled my chest. It felt like my heart was beating away inside my skull.

Another one of the group pulled out his gun and shot another person who was grabbing for something in his waistband in the chest. He let out a strangled cry before another bullet ripped through his throat. He too fell down, choking on his own blood.

What was I doing? I had just watched two people die! What the fuck was I doing?

From what I could see out of my blurred vision, it was two against two; the first pair were the ones that had executed the deceased. The other two were bracing their own tiny little guns. BANG, BANG, they were dead on the ground besides their companions.

I don’t know why but for some reason it was at that point that a crazy animal started to howl and screech. My hands went shakily to my ears, but then I realised it was me who was the crazy animal making all the noise. I stopped abruptly, gasping for breath when the two gun wielding strangers turned to me, guns raised.

Promptly, I turned and ran. I ran over broken glass and jagged concrete. I ran over prickles and gravel. I ran away like a coward. Shouts echoed from behind me, the cold slap of business shoes on the pavement. I ran faster than my lungs allowed me. I almost stopped breath. I side stepped into an alley, wincing as I crushed a half full glass of beer. I howled as my foot stung, but I didn’t stop.

Somewhere I must have started screaming for help. Lights flicked on inside houses. I ran into a wall and bounced into the hard ground. Glancing towards what I hit, I lost the ability to breath. A man with a sinister smile was looking down at me, gun pointed at my head executioner style. My hand trembled as it trailed along the ground. My eyes never left the man’s face. I took note of what he looked like; tall, at least six feet. Dark balding hair that was very thin. A hooked nose and thin lips, his jaw was prominent as were his cheekbones.