mornings like this

you lay there with your husband, both of you asleep. his arm is swung around your waist. your head is tucked into his neck, his head rests on top of yours.

you open your eyes when you hear footsteps coming into your room. you lift your head and see your five year old daughter run in with her unicorn stuffed toy. she whispers morning to you. you turn around to face her and rub her cheek gently making her giggle.

she swings her arms around you and you hug her back.

you carefully remove your husbands arm off of you and you pick her up and place her on the bed with you.

you place her in your lap and hug her, her head resting against your arm as you sway gently, her unicorn still in her grasp. she looks outside the window as you hum a sweet lullaby to her. she complements your voice. you smile down at her and turn her around so you can hug her.

her face turned to the window, her cheek against your chest. your arms wrap around her body, her little arms wrapping around you. her unicorn, off to the side where her dad lays, still asleep.

you talk to her about how much you love her and how you are so thankful for her. you feel her arms wrap tighter around you as she talks back to you, in her cute voice.

you hear murmuring, you look in the direction of your husband. your daughters head turns to face him. she giggles and says look at daddy. you smile at her and nod.

he stretches real big which earns a big laugh from your daughter.

he opens his eyes and looks at the both of you. he smiles softly and reaches his hand out for your daughters. he gives her hand a quick kiss and she giggles once again. he tells her how cute she is. she thanks him and crawls over to him.

he lays facing the ceiling, your daughter now on top of him, her head against his chest as his arms wrap around her little body.

you watch as her smile grows bigger. he rubs her back and says how sleepy he feels still. your daughter laughs at him and says he's being silly again.

you hop out of the bed and slip on your robe, tightening the string around your waist. you walk around to the other side of the bed.

your husband turns his head to look at you. you crouch down in front of him and rub his cheek softly. you greet him a good morning. he says it back.

your daughter turns her head to look at you to, her cheeky smile forming again. you smile sweetly back at her and pat her head. you tell them both that you're going to make breakfast. your husband reaches out his hand to stroke your cheek.

you smile at him and leave the room.

in the kitchen, you hear footsteps. you feel someone yanking on your shirt. you see your two year old son. you greet him. he puts his arms up and whines. you lift him up onto your hip and talk to him while you continue to cook.

you hear your daughter laugh loudly, you smile.

both your daughter and husband come running out. you won't catch me, she says to him while he chases her around the living room. you roll your eyes at their childs play.

you put your son into his high chair as you serve him his food.

you put the other three servings onto separate plates and call your daughter to sit down to eat. she says to her dad to stop playing for now and to play later, as she tries to catch her breath.

she sits down and talks to her little brother. you smile at her voice.

your husband comes up to you and holds your cheeks in his hands. you smile and look up at him.

he kisses you sweetly. after, he holds you close by your waist. he says you smell good. you thank him.

you both let go of each other when you hear your son crying. your husband goes over to him to calm him down.

you go over to your daughter and put your hand on her head and tell her that it wasn't very nice of her to take his spoon.

she cheekily grins, earning a disappointed look from her dad.

her smile fades and she stands up and quickly apologies to her little brother before giving his spoon back. your son smiles once he got his spoon back.

you smile at her and nod. your husband looks over to you to give you a reassuring nod.

you didn't mind your mornings being like this. you wanted to have this over and over again, you knew it wouldn't stay this way forever.

Authors note: imagining my child growing up feels so sad. Well, they won't stay children forever.
Sad reality lol
Enjoy!!!! :)
♡a