Chapter III

[Third Person POV]

Technoblade eyed the keys that were thrown in the box, then looked at the man in disbelief. He soon found his composure though and went back to his nonchalant persona.

"What do they call you, pretty boy." He said smoothly, still seated at the desk.

The other looked at him like he was crazy, "it's Dream." He started to look around at the walls and furniture, then back at him with expecting eyes. "So can you help me, Mr. Fundy?"

Technoblade almost forgot he was still lying to this guy. He took a minute to respond, thinking about it carefully. 

"A thousand bucks and we got a deal." He eyed Dream with a stern face.

"Five hundred." Dream bit back quickly.

"Six hundred to bring you back alive. Seven hundred to bring you back dead." Technoblade smirked.

"And why should I pay more if I'm dead?" Dream sighed out, mentally facepalming at this guys logic.

"Because if you're dead, I'd have to carry you." He said crossing his arms and standing up.

A pause filled the room as Technoblade walked around the desk and in front of Dream, waiting on an answer.

"So what'll be, pretty boy?" Technoblade said confidently eyeing Dream.

Another pause.

"Eight hundred to bring be back alive or dead." Dream looked up at him with determination.

The taller one thought about it for a moment. He thought about how this guy was possibly his only chance at making a buck right now for the actual Fundy. He let out a soft sigh.

"Can I possibly convince you through a drink?" He said making his way to the door and holding it open for Dream. The shorter boy didn't respond, instead he just smirked and walked through the door.

They took a seat at the bar and both got a shot. They shared a joke or two until one particular man decided to make an appearance.

"You sure you can pay for that, Blade?" Of course it was the one and only Mr. Fundy. He laughed out, putting an arm around Technoblade's broad shoulder while his other hand was holding a beer.

Dream looked at the stranger curiously. "And who are you, good sir?" 

"Why, I'm the owner of this company, you can call me Mr. Fundy." He answered innocently.

Dream looked at Technoblade with an expectedly glare. 

"Is that right?" Dream said in a non-questioning tone, still staring at Technoblade's lying face. 

Dream stood up quickly. "Mr. Fundy, I would like to speak to you." He looked at the real Mr. Fundy who let go of Technoblade and sipped his beer.

Technoblade felt the sweat drip from his face. He looked down, thinking about how he was going to get out of this mess. However, the bright blue orb that happened to peak from Dream's satchel caught his eye. It seemed like time paused for a moment. Holy crap, that's what I need.

Technoblade's brain grew desperate. "Five hundred."

The tension was building. Mr. Fundy stepped in, "Technoblade, what do you think you are doing?"

"Four hundred." 

"So the name is Technoblade, huh?" Dream said wittily and disappointed. 

"You're never gonna find a faster boat than mine. Plus, she has the best bath in all of Brazil." Technoblade said quickly, basically pleading Dream to take his deal.

"And why should I trust you?" Dream asked.

Technoblade looked at the satchel, then at Dream. "Because I'm the only one who can get you there." 

Suddenly a shout was heard from the docks. "Mr. Fundy, a man on boat three refuses to get off! He's threatening to steal it!" A lady cried in distress as she burst through the bar.

Mr. Fundy groaned to himself and started to make his way outside. "Alright, let's have a chat with him."

It was then left with Dream and Technoblade, glaring at each other. 

"Y'know, you are a lot of things that I don't really care for." Dream said in a 'as a matter of fact' tone. 

Technoblade's eyes shifted and he sighed in defeat. That is until Dream spoke again.

"But, you are capable." Dream said, looking at him like he was a 5 year old child who made a mess. "So, five hundred."

Technoblade tried to pry one final time. "Six hundred-"

"Ah nope! Five. Half now, and half when we return from this journey alive." Dream interrupted, clearly not open for negotiations.

"Alright, we'll get going first thing tomorrow morning." The pink haired man said.

"I don't think so, so-called Mr. Fundy, I think we should leave right now." 

"C'mon, it's gonna be dark like in two hours." Technoblade groaned.

Dream glared at him meanly. There was a silence.

"10 minutes." 

Dream smiled sweetly, "Good choice."

The duo was boarding Technoblade's very shabby boat. The air was warm and the sun was just beginning to set; probably about an hour and a half until dark.

Technoblade was starting up a fire in the fuel tank while Dream sat at the front of the boat, looking out at the river beneath them.

"How long would you say this journey will take?" Dream asked curiously.

"Uhh, about a week. Though, considering you will most likely die within the first day or so, it might be shorter." Technoblade smirked as Dream scoffed at his comment.

The boat was just starting to move when a group of men were heard yelling in the distance. Dream looked atop a balcony and saw about seven dudes notice them and start to chase after them. 

"Um excuse me, Technoblade? There are some guys chasing after us." Dream said worriedly, his voice slightly shaking.

Technoblade looked out and saw them carelessly running after Dream and himself. To be honest, he thought about fighting them. Although, it wasn't such a bad idea as Technoblade was a noticeably strong man. 

"Stay here, I'll be back shortly." Technoblade said and suddenly jumped onto the dock, running towards the group of men.

Dream looked baffled for a second, then blinked back into reality. "As if he thinks I'd just sit here and do nothing while he beats up everyone." Dream said to himself, quickly following behind the the taller one.