Not a Love Story~ Chapter 5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the days went by, Luke was leaving me alone more and often. My parents had jobs to do and my brother was always playing his computer games. So I was all alone. I hated loneliness. I was alone before. It felt like there was a pit inside you wishing to be filled. I hated it. But I remembered that Luke loved me and that kept me going. The times that I did spend with Luke were in class, and rarely outside of class. I missed him. What was he so busy doing? So I spent my time with Ari. We had fun, but I noticed that Ari always wanted to hang out with May. But we had sleepovers. But we fought too. I felt bad about what I said and I cried frequently. I told her that she didn't understand how it felt to be pushed aside. I was referring to the beginning of eighth grade. I told her that I felt like she didn't want to be my friend at all back then and just basically ignored me, like all the others. But I felt bad. So I said sorry multiple times.
One day I got into a big argument with Ari. She said that we feel like we are being ignored by May, but we really just need to try harder. I said " when you pushed me aside I tried so, so hard to be part of the group." She told me that people knew I was part of the group. I said that I didn't feel like it. Then I yelled " well if you weren't pushing me away so much maybe I wouldn't have felt horrible on the inside and maybe I would have realized it. "Maybe I would have tried harder." I saw she was about to cry. I said that I was a horrible person and that I shouldn't have said that. She said I wasn't a horrible person I felt really bad. That night, I cried myself to sleep. I feared that she would push me aside again and not be my best friend anymore. I woke up crying. I had to put on a fake smile. But I couldn't take it. So I walked to starbucks to cheer myself up. I walked in and I ordered my favorite frappé. When u turned around I saw Luke and Bella. They were kissing. I felt the tears rolling down my cheeks. I walked up to them and screamed" Luke, is this what you have been doing this whole time. Abandoning me?" I ran out of starbucks. I ran and ran until I got to my house. I my hair was drenched with tears. My face was streaked with tears. I hid my face from everyone until I got to my room. My mom asked if I was okay. I just said that I was just watching a really sad Netflix movie. But I was really just crying my heart out. I was all alone. No best friend. No real friends. No boyfriend. Ann was mad at me, I couldn't remember why. But all I knew that I was alone. In the movies the lonely person at least had one best friend who was always with them. I didn't.
For the next few weeks I ignored Luke. Ari tried to talk to me. I asked her if I was actually her best friend. She said that I was. But I knew for certain I was nobody's number one best friend. Everybody has one. Everybody has that one best friend who they always spend time with and never abandon. Not me I'm just a regular friend. The kind that is just there that you don't mind but don't care too much about either. I sulked, I went to school. Did my homework. I escaped from my problems by watching Netflix and reading books. Then, one day I realized that people have worse problems than me. But it was on and off. One day I would sulk the next I would say that people have worse problems than me and I wouldn't sulk. I still wore my fake smile.
I walked through the mall. One day I ran into Ari. I finally just started crying and told her everything. We went to her house and she consoled me. I needed to just cry for once. It felt so good. I finally said I'm sorry to Ari. I finally had my movie best friend who consoled me. We had a girls night every weekend. Soon Ari told me to talk to Luke. I couldn't. He was so cruel. He tricked me into believing he loved me and then broke my heart by kissing my enemy. Was he really Bella's boyfriend sent to spy on me? But I knew I had to talk to him. So on Monday April third we talked. But walked to him and his eyes lit up. He said " it's not what you think-" I cut him off I said " really than what?" He said " please forgive me." Then I said " I'm kind enough to forgive you but not stupid enough to trust you again." I walked away. That was all he was getting.
I walked home. I felt content yelling at Luke. It was weird. So I went home and watched Netflix. I asked my Mom to pick up starbucks because I still didn't like going there after what happened. Then the next day at school I saw Bella flirting with Luke. I yelled at him" not what I think huh?" I went home, my emotions frozen inside me. I was mad at Luke, mad at the world. Then I got a call from Luke's friend Micah. He said that Luke was in the hospital.

(Sorry it's short)