One

I look down at my phone. 08:56 am it reads. My leg bounces up and down on this waiting room chair. Today is my first day at my new spy agency and I'm extremely nervous. Because not only is this my first day, but it's also the first time I'll be meeting my partner. The only thing I know of them is that they are one of the best spies in the agency and I'm about to become one too.

"Elle Kennedy. Please make your way to the office" the speaker announces.
That's my cue. I lift myself out of the chair and a wave of nerves wash over me. You are about to meet your new partner the voice in my head reminds me.

I push down on the door handle and walk in, my new boss sits. In the spy world, everyone is identified by their last name. My boss's name is Sir Alexander. He sits proudly at his desk, he's knowing of his position.
"Good morning agent Kennedy. How are you?" He asks.
"I'm good, you?" I return the question.
"Great, take a seat," he tells me.
I oblige and sit down. Then I notice the paperwork on the desk. He notices that I notice and begins to speak.
"I see you've noticed the contract, you'll have to sign it, it has information about the job, read over it carefully, sign where it requires, also if you weren't made aware, your salary will be £300,000 per year, as you know this job is dangerous, and as we are a government sector we pay well"
I nod and he hands me the contract and a pen. I begin to read the first page and his phone begins to ring.
"Excuse me" he mumbles before stepping out onto his balcony.

This contract is page after page full of the dangers of being a spy. Such as:
•this job can lead to death
•this job can lead to being captured; if so you are required to not say a word
•this job can lead to life-changing injuries

There are a lot more dangers listed, and I mean possibly hundreds more. But they don't scare me. I am accustomed to these dangers and have come to terms with them. After all, they are all I've ever known.

It takes me about 10 minutes to read through the contract and sign it all. I end up having to wait a few minutes before sir came back from his phone call.
"Now, time for you to meet your partner" he informs me. Then picks his phone back up.
"Bring him in" he uttered down the phone.
So... my partner is a he? I hope he's not stubborn. I don't think I could deal with having to live with someone stubborn.

The door handle clicks and I turn around. A tall, brunette and might I say handsome man strides through.
"Ahh my favourite agent, Kennedy, this is Atwood. Agent Atwood" sir praised.
"Nice to meet you" I greet him with a smile.
"Yeah, hi" he greets me back with a stern voice. He's stubborn. Very stubborn.

"So, you'll be living in apartment 33 of building B" he pauses then adds
"That's all I really have to say, you guys can head there now" the boss insisted. Agent Atwood nodded yet again, he's so stern.

He nods towards the door, motioning for me to follow him so that's what I do.

He guided me through the building and into the parking lot.
"So where are you from?" I ask him.
"Here"
"Oh, cool, I'm from London too"
"Mhm," he groans. We walk the rest of the way silently until we approach a car.
"Is that a fucking McLaren?" I gasp.
"Yep. There are plenty more supercars in my garage" he assures me. This guy doesn't give away much does he?

We both climb into the car. I've never been in a supercar before. The finishes inside are beautiful. I can understand why he bought it. The engine roars and we speed out of the parking lot.

We practically fly through the streets of London. This is so thrilling. He sure knows how to drive.

The drive is only short. About 5 minutes. That's handy I guess. I pull my bag from beneath my feet and pull the car door open. Atwood does the same. I wonder what his first name is? My inner voice asks.

He pulls a duffel bag from the boot of the car and walks over to me.
"Here's your key... to the apartment," he tells me and pulls a key out of his pocket, we begin to walk to our apartment. Then he begins to explain a few things.
"There are a few things you should know, you'll have a modified Mercedes' in the underground parking lot, you'll know which one is yours. We have to do the food shop for ourselves. Oh and one more thing. NEVER go into my room unless you knock, especially at night"
"Yeah. Right. I got it" I mutter.

Why especially at night?

Finally. Apartment 33. I push the key into the door. I'm so excited; Atwood isn't bothered though, it's clearly not his first rodeo.

I kick open the door and my eyes scan the apartment. It's beautiful. Its kitchen and living room are open plan with tall ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows. With a perfect city view. This apartment is stunning. I can't believe I get to call this place home.

He follows me into the apartment and makes his way over to the room he wishes to have. He chose the one closest to the kitchen. This is perfect for me because I prefer being close to the living room. Plus my room has a view of the river.

I place my bag on the desk and throw myself onto the bed. I sigh... in a happy way. I'm so happy I landed this job. I guess my past in the spy world paid off.