Chapter 10 - Sweets and Sushi

Their ride in the subway remained in silence. It was a little awkward but Mika remained quiet because he was scared to say something inappropriate to Yuu. He felt a little less anxious when Yuu laid his head on his shoulder. It really relaxed him. He listened to Yuu's breathing while it still wasn't too noisy inside since there weren't too many passengers. Mika smiled a little to himself because he had never imagined that he'll be going to a pet store anytime in the near future. He really cared a lot for his adoptive mother so that's why he never considered adopting pets while he was still living with her.

The omega smiled softly at Mika's words. "Krul is such a nice mother, I'm sure she feels awful that you can't have a cat. But, when we get older and move out, we can adopt kittens." He told Mika with a warm and caring smile. He knew how much Mika liked cats, it was obvious by his attitude. So, he decided that once they settled down in their own home, their first additions to their family could be cats, and of course Yuu's puppy. Well, that's assuming that Mika wants to live with him when they are ready. Mika hadn't marked him yet or anything so he wasn't Mika's forever yet. But, he hoped in time, Mika would mark him and make Yuu his. When they were ready to do so.

As they got off the subway, Yuu dragged Mika down the street to a sushi restaurant. But before he stepped in, he hesitated and looked at Mika. "Ah...Sorry Mika, I didn't ask what you wanted to eat. I wasn't thinking about your opinion..." He felt a sudden guilt fall upon him before he took Mika's hand. "I'm up for anything to be honest." He said, staring at the ground. Yuu would admit, he thought about himself too much, he was truly selfish when it came down to it. But, with Mika, he's changed quite a bit. Mika was so generous and kind that Yuu felt the need to be just like him.

Mika's eyes widened a little at Yuu's statement. After all, he had just said that he wants to live with him in the future. He felt very happy and grateful that Yuu considered such a thing to happen. He hoped that they will really be together for a lifetime.

Mika laughed a little at Yuu's words. He's amused that he even hesitated to enter the sushi shop even though they're already literally in front of it. "Yuu-chan, it's okay. You don't have to apologize for that," He paused and debated to himself whether or not he should really go for the strawberry parfait, waffles, and blueberry cheesecake. Krul had already warned him about his excessive sugar intake, she was worried that he might get diabetes. He's skeptical about whether or not he should tell Yuu about it. So he stared at him for a bit and weighed the pros and cons of his decision. "Yuu-chan... I really want to have sweets but I can't always have them," He frowned. "Oh... We can both have sushi then!" He exclaimed as his face suddenly lit up and his frown turned into a smile.

Yuu was surprised that Mika wanted to get sweets instead but it was also kind of cute. It was normal for omegas to really like sweets but a lot of the time, alphas didn't have such a sweet taste. He was glad that Mika wasn't the stereotypical alpha, he was Yuu's precious Mika. And Yuu was Mika's. "Mika, later we can get sweets, like ice cream or something. But, I don't think sugars will fill up our tummies." He said, pointing at his little thin stomach. Seeing Mika's warming smile made Yuu smile too. He was such a beautiful alpha, Yuu was a lucky omega. And beta of course.

Taking Mika's hand again, he dragged him into the sushi shop and sat at a booth. "Mmm, everything looks so good!" He gasped, looking at the menu in front of him. "What kind of sushi do you like?"

Even though he had so many questions and thoughts, he couldn't help but think about the puppy he would be adopting today. He already picked it out.

Mika smiled at Yuu's cute gestures. He wondered for a bit whether or not he should tell him about his past circumstances. "Believe it or not Yuu-chan, in the past, I mostly eat sweets to survive. A variety of sweets though. Like, donuts and cappuccino for breakfast, caramel cake and frappe for lunch, then chocolate bars, pretzels, and hot milk chocolate for dinner. That's why Krul reprimanded me to lessen my sugar intake because she's worried that I might get diabetes," Mika countered. He didn't really plan to reveal his sweet tooth immediately but the situation called for it that's why he decided to explain it to Yuu.