Origin

Everything changed on that night. It happened so early in my life that I don't have any memories of it. However, I had a vivid dream from what went on though it isn't apparent. But at the same time, I have a feeling that I already know.

My parents loved to travel a lot despite them being elves. Although the high elves around their home village never outcasted them, fellow elves treated them as such for wanting to leave the town constantly. Mother fell for Father as they both loved to see the outside world and not be stuck in the elven forests their entire lives. Sometime after they married, they brought me onto this world. Like my parents, the other elves saw me as a product of foolish elves who didn't have pride in their home village or the elven forests.

I was eight months of age when my parents decided to start a trip towards another country. We've only traveled about halfway through the journey before tragedy struck. As my parents kept on going on the trail like usual, we were attacked by bandits. Father tried to fend them off with his magic, but just as soon as he could, he was struck in the heart with a sword. Mother tried to run away with me, but my mother was hit with multiple arrows from the archers. My cries were unbearable, and Mother was still clinging to the last bit of life she had left. As the bandits were about to end my life, my cries had caught the attention of a wondering Weretiger. He rushed to the scene as soon as he saw me, surrounded by ruthless bandits. His strength was incredible as he took on all of the bandits, leaving only him slightly wounded after the end of all it. He turned to me as I was still crying next to my dying mother. He was unsure of what to do, but before he could do anything my mother grabbed onto his leg.

"Please...take him...with you...I beg of you..." she begged as she still was holding onto his leg.

He didn't know what to say at first. He was unsure about what he was going to do. After a few seconds of silence, he nodded his head. Mother let out a weak smile.

"Thank you...I-I love you...Colin...". She said as her life slowly faded away.

After she let her last breath, the Weretiger noticed a bright ring on her finger. He carefully took off the ring and gave it to me. A small piece i had left of my mother.

The Weretiger who was now at this point my adopted old man started to teach me about combat at 10 years of age. It was a very rough start as my weak body couldn't last long on me during my early days of training. I first had to study about the style of combat he used when he was really young. I made the mistake of asking him for more hands-on experience and it was hell from there.

"Um- can we start the actual thing instead of reading books? This is boring pops."

His eyes lit up.

"So you think you're up and ready for the real deal, Huh? Well you are an elf so it wouldn't hurt to start so early now is it?" He said with a smug expression.

Even after all the hellish training, I've come to realize if I wanted my strength to go beyond what it was now, I needed a God's blessing, or a Falna.

At 15 years was around the time when my pops started to talk to me all about the God's and familias. It turned out that my old man used to be in a familia before he retired and settled in a village.

He came to ask me if I wanted to join a familia to get stronger than what I already was. I eagerly nodded yes and with my response he told me that he was going to get ahold of certain someone to meet me, which I had no clue who it was.

After a few days, I was killing time by practicing my combat skills on a tree which I managed to wear down little by little due to my progress. I was so focused on practicing that I didn't notice someone was approaching me from behind.

"Oh- so you're going at it at this time huh? As long as you don't overwork yourself, you can definitely make progress."

A woman's voice. I looked back and she was wearing a cloak so I couldn't clearly see what she looked like. I was startled when I saw her because I was too concentrated on what I was doing.

"Although y'know- you use to much energy on your movements. Your strikes are barely accurate as well."

"Huh?"

I've just met this strange woman in a cloak and she's already giving me criticism? Didn't think that's how she would make her first impression.

"Right? I've been trying to tell em for ages now but the kids too stubborn to understand. Hahah!"

Huhhhh? Does my old man know this strange woman? They exchanged conversations like it was completely normal.

"Well its been a while Konor. I'm glad to see you haven't changed a bit." Says the woman.

"Yeaa, its nice to see you still keep on giving criticism to people you just met."