Bonfire

CW: Mention of Alcohol

I wake up and It's Friday morning at 5:00. My mother taught me a lot about self-discipline. Nothing comes for free, so if you want it to work for it. I wanted to keep my figure, my skin, and all of the above so I woke up around 5 during school days and 7 on weekends. I get up and start doing my workouts. It was little but anything is better than nothing. I finished up and decided to make a green smoothie with flax seeds. And to eat I made banana toast and eggs. I wanted to eat lighter and healthy since tonight was the party and all there would be is junk. I put an outfit together that would be more fit than loose-fitting. I yell goodbye to my parents and walk out to my car. I threw my stuff in doing a double check making sure I had everything. After school, I was going to Emilie's so we could carpool to the beach. (Where the party is)

Wilbur is in my psych class but I never really talked to him. His appearance may have changed but his personality is probably still the same. Not wanting to be bothered unless he felt comfortable, he always wanted to throw the shots. I decided to mind my own business. That class ended and I walked into the hallway. Emilie ran up behind me and put her arm on my shoulder. "Are you ready? You better make a move on him before I start calling dibs." I rolled my eyes. "He's attractive but I don't know if I wanna date him." She looked at me like I just broke her heart. The rest of our group met between me and Emilie's Car. We talked for a few about outfits and then everyone went their own ways until we met back at the party.

I meet Emilie at her house and step out of the car glaring at her. She steps out laughing at me. "WERE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME? YOU CAN'T CUT THAT CLOSE WHEN GOING AROUND ME." She raised her eyebrows at me "But did you die?" I shook my head and grabbed my stuff out of the car. Emilie is my best friend if you can't tell already. I leave a bunch of my stuff at her house. Some by accident and some on purpose. We had about an hour and a half until we had to leave.

You would think of a party and think of a dress but no. We live on the east coast so all parties are at the beach with swimming activities, drinking, smoking, and bonfires. I put on a brown halter top with white shorts, some Jesus sandals, and threw a brown bathing suit on under. For accessories, I just wore a purple necklace with black glasses on my head, tiny hoop earrings, and put my hair up with a butterfly clip. Emilie started laughing at me. "What?" "Those shoes are so stupid, I've always hated them." I stared at her. "Well, at least you don't have to wear them, hurry up." I walked to the bathroom while flipping my hair dramatically. She just scoffed at me.

I looked at my appearance. I decided on eyeliner, mascara, and a lip tint. Not too much but enough to not look bad. Even though I wasn't planning on getting into the water you never know so I used waterproof products in case. I checked out my looks one final time before deciding I was ready. I called Emilie telling her it was time and she came running out. We took my car and set off for the party.

-

We pulled up and got out of the car. The fire was already lit and there were a lot of people already there. Our school wasn't huge but it was big enough to have parties like this. I walked over to the drinks which were mainly alcohol and a few things of water. I reached for the vodka, I wanted to get shit-faced. As I'm pouring my drink someone walks up to me sparking conversation. "You have good taste." He looked down at me grinning and grabbing the bottle. "I would much rather drink this than White Claws or Bud Light." He laughed a bit. We started walking and talking. He was honestly quite fun to chat with.

"What do you do for fun?" I cringed a bit, I always hated first-time conversations. "I'm really into music, I've written a few songs but none published yet." "Wow, that's awesome, could I hear some of it?" He nodded and said yes. He put his phone speaker up to my ear so I could listen. "OH MY GOD, why don't you share it somewhere. That's so cool!" His ears started to turn red and he rubbed his neck. "I just feel like it's not ready, I have so many more plans for it so just not yet."

A few red solo cups later we were completely sloshed. Not blackout but touchy drunk. We were sitting around the bonfire just talking. I was laying my head on his lap and playing with his hand while his other hand was playing with my hair. No words were being exchanged, just us in silence while other people were talking. I look up at him just staring at his face. It was a bit blurred but it was still a perfect picture. He looked down at me. "You know what I wanna do." I raised my eyebrows as a response and he continued on. "I wanna skinny dip, right now." He started standing up and stripping. I grabbed his wrist. "Woah, number one: you will regret that because someone will snap a picture, and number two: Ocean cooties." He dropped his shoulders. Now just standing in swim trunks staring at me. "Well if I can't go in naked you will have to get in with me." He picked me up, threw me over his shoulder, and started running for the water.

I started flailing my arms because the last thing I wanted was to be in the ocean. Well maybe have sand in my pants and then be put in the water. By the time he got knee-deep, I gave in. He dropped me and I went under. Immediately shooting back up, I wiped the water off my face and pushed my hair down. "WHY!" I looked up at him. He was just laughing at my face. "It was funny." As simple as that. I clung to him so I wouldn't have to tread water. He was so much taller than me that while I was drowning he was just standing. He held me so I wouldn't die. I stared into his eyes.

I got lost for a moment. His eyes were just a perfect brown. Not plain but there were a variety of brown shades mixed together. His eyes were soft and kind. The people I hung out with never looked kind, Well besides Emilie. He placed a hand on my face which surprised me because he was now holding me with one hand. He leaned into my face and I leaned in as well. Right as we are inches away from each other, Addy calls me over. He looked disappointed but carried me to where I could stand. He set me down and held my hand as we walked out of the water over to my friend.

"Emilie has been looking for you, She said she needs to get home." I shook my head and gave Will and all the others hugs goodbye. I got in my car and handed Emilie the keys. I trusted her with my car so I let her drive.

We got to her house and I crashed on her bed almost immediately. 

-

Word Count: 1308