' smartass '

'

josh johnson x reader
prns : they/them

'

"Make yourself at home." Josh threw his backpack on the ground, plopping himself on the basement couch.

You looked around, raising an eyebrow as you placed your bag down.

"It's a mess down here." You took a seat next to Josh, kicking back and relaxing.

"So? I like it." Josh shrugged.

"Because you're weird."

Josh scoffed, rolling his eyes. He picked up a game controller, tossing it to you.

"Do you play any games?" He turned the TV on.

You sat crisscrossed on the couch, humming, "Depends which one's. Got any Castlevania games?"

Josh smirked, holding up his finger.

"Hold on."

He would proceed to pull out a bucket full of original Castlevania consoles from under the couch. You laughed.

"Let's see," He started counting each console, "Castlevania, Vampire Killer, Simon's Quest, The Adventure, Dracula's Curse, and Belmont's Revenge."

Josh looked up at you, waiting for your response.

"Fucking dork." You giggled at his collection.

Josh placed the bucket on the coffee table, huffing, "Okay, but which one?"

"Dracula's Curse."

He grabbed the Dracula's Curse console, placing it into the TV, "You have some good taste."

"I know." You adjusted yourself on the couch, leaning back.

Josh turned towards you, "How far are you into the game?" The game screen started loading in, its pixelated music blaring through the basement.

"Are you underestimating me? I'm great at this game, just watch." You entered the main game.

Your fingers pressed against the buttons on the controller as you kept a focus on the screen. Josh watched you carefully.

"Awh, fuck!" You growled as one of Dracula's night creatures killed you.

Josh snickered at your fail.

"Shut up! I choked a bit, I can beat it this time." You playfully pushed him.

"We'll see about that." Josh chuckled, readjusting himself.

You got back into the game, going through the same obstacles as earlier. You mumbled a bit as you inched closer to your last checkpoint.

"No, no, no!" A saddened whimper emitted from your mouth as you were killed once again by the same night creature.

"So much for being quote on quote, great at the game." Josh teased you, lifting his controller from the table.

"Let's see you do any better, loser." You placed your controller on the table, kicking back and relaxing.

Josh just hummed, resetting the game and getting back into it.

You watched as he passed by each obstacle with extreme ease.

He had made it to your checkpoint in no time, and to your surprise, made it past the night creature that had killed you so many times.

"What?" You got up, examining the screen.

You could see Josh's smug expression from your peripheral view.

You watched the teen first handedly defeat the entire level, including the entire game.

Josh threw his controller on the table, sticking his tongue out at you.

"Who's the loser now?" He grinned.

You grunted, sighing as you jokingly punched his shoulder.

"Fucking smartass."

'