EIGHTEEN

-Flashback-

Miami, Florida

Brian and Reyna sat together as Roman, Suki and Jimmy worked together on the new GTR that came in. It had been almost a year since they took down Verone and thankfully he wasn't getting out anytime soon, which Roman was most grateful for. Reyna took a sip of her Corona as Tej walked over kissing her cheek, the two weren't officially together but they did share a lot of affection like middle school kids with the holding hands, the hugs and the kisses. Except for the occasional more adult fun when no one else was around, but neither had made the move to make it official which thoroughly annoyed Brian and Rome who wanted them together.

Reyna's phone rang catching her attention, she picked up the phone and looked at the number with a smile. "Excuse me guys," Reyna says as she stood up and answered the phone, "Hey Cousin Tego. How's it going?" She asked in Spanish making Brian and Tej look at each other. "I got a call from Dominic, Rey. I think we've found him." Reyna let out a sigh before leaving the room, her distraught face worried Tej and concerned Brian. "All right T, don't tell me over the phone. I'll see you in Mexico in two days, amigo." She hung up the phone and leaned back against the wall, her heart pounding as she had to decide between her old family or her new family.

She smiled as she went through her memories with the crew, hearing Roman and Tej's banter between the two, Suki and Reyna's designs and times together detailing cars. Her and Jimmy fixing up cars, she and Brians continued playful arguments about which is better, Imports or American Muscle. She knew what she wanted and that was the crew she had now but what she needed was a different story. She needed to find Dominic and get her family back together.

She knew they wouldn't let her leave so she acted normal for the rest of the day brushing off Brian's usual cop-like questions with simple answers about her cousins Tego and Santos' slight stupidity and gambling addictions. Later that night after everyone fell asleep, Reyna left a note for each of them explaining herself and that she knew that they'd meet again because after all, it's never truly goodbye.

•┈┈┈••✦🚘✦••┈┈┈•

-Present Day-

Ecuador, South America

Reyna is fixing up her 1966 Plymouth Barracuda, her current project that can go zero to sixty in less than ten seconds. She was heavily focused on working on it she didn't even notice when Jessie approached her. "Rey, someone's on the phone wanting to talk to you," Jessie says startling Reyna which made her smile. "Alright, thanks, Jess." Reyna made her way out of the garage and to the phone unsure of who could be calling her right now.

"Hello?" Reyna says in Spanish as she answers the phone though the voice on the other side startled her, "Reyna..." Reyna closed her eyes leaning back on the wall with the phone in her shaky hand. "Mia... You shouldn't have called me here," Reyna answered but the sniffle from Mia caught her attention, "Mia, what's wrong?" Mia next few words shocked Reyna to the core, "Rey, it's Letty. She's been murdered."

Reyna felt her whole world stop at that moment, she didn't even realise that she had started crying as Mia continued, "I know you'll want to come home but I'm sure the cops are already staking this place out. Just whatever you do, stay safe. I have no clue where Dom is." Reyna opened her eyes and took a deep breath, "I'll let Dom know. I love you, Mia. Be safe." Reyna hung the phone back at and let out a broken sob before dropping to the ground, she never got to say goodbye to her.