Prologue: Running

Running. That's all I do anymore. I run from my problems, I run from friends, and I run from my Dad's brother. Uncle Ryhan has a...special job I guess you would say. A job where hundreds of people are killed each day under your command. A job where the only 'family' you know is the ones being slaughtered beneath your feet. If you haven't put the pieces together, my uncle is a southern rebel. Second in command to be exact.

        Everyday he marches on, killing people only to get to the palace in Angeles. I rarely see him and when I do it isn't a really happy occasion. Every time he comes over, knives stab at my stomach of what might happen. He has attempted more than once to recruit me as his lieutenant over the rebel army. And each time I have rejected. I hate the royal family all the same, but I won't kill people to see the end of them. So, when Uncle Ryhan pays an unexpected visit, I hide. I lock myself in my miniscule room until he leaves. He doesn't visit often anymore, he's to busy murdering people in other provinces. He told me he's planning to advance on the palace again soon.

     There are some days when I brutally consider joining Uncle and tearing down the country... I mean, anything has got to be better than where I am now. One huge anger towards my uncle keeps me where I am. Keeps me slaving after a Two. Uncle Ryhan killed my parents, his own brother. And one day, I will give them what they deserve.

    No matter the cost, I will kill my uncle and avenge my parents. That's a promise.