Small Chit-chats

Ayako's POV

Chills started shivering down my spine when Monokuma said those words. I tried to convince myself in my mind, that what he was saying, isn't true at all. I then found myself muttering those words in front of my classmates. 

"What's the matter now, kiddo? Scared? If you accept your fate, then nothing bad will happen to you~" Monokuma laughed evilly. 

A green-eyed boy clenched his fists tightly. "Accept our fate? Nothing bad will happen to us? I'm sorry, but I'm not going to trust an evil, lying, robotic bear!" 

Eikichi Haruno, Ultimate Mathematician

After saying that, Eikichi walked towards the robotic bear. And was almost about to punch the bear when someone grabbed his hand. 

"Look, I understand the reason you're angry, but violence never helps the situation, it makes it worse." A green-eyed boy explained. He also had a British accent. 

Basil Griffiths, Ultimate Author. 

"That kiddo is right! And not to mention that if you had punched me, you would have been punished." Monokuma brought his paw in front of his face, showing his claws. 

Hearing this, Eikichi stepped away from Monokuma, his heart didn't stop racing till he was at a safe distance from him. 

"And now," Monokuma started. "It's time to give you something I call Monopads." In it, were rules such nighttime is fron 10pm to 7pm, no hurting Monokuma, some areas are prohibited at night and so on. 

But there was one rule that stood out from the others. And that was rule 6; if anyone who murders a student becomes a "blackened" will graduate unless they're discovered. I tried to figure out what it means, but I can't for some reason. 

That's not the only thing Monokuma gave us, he also assigned us dorm rooms. The room was spacious, had a bright atmosphere and my stuff has already been placed. Giggling to myself, I hopped on my bed. 

If I wasn't being held hostage by that deranged robot for everyone to commit a crime of passion, this would have been a great school year. I thought, as my eyelids slowly got heavy, and vision darkened. 

----------------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes, got up and yawned. Even after the debacle that happened yesterday, I happened to fall asleep so easily. It felt so surreal, like some sort of weird nightmare.

Not to mention the fact that it didn't even feel like I've slept. To me, it were as if I'd blinked only once, and then it was morning.

Time to meet the rest of the Ultimates; making friends are necessary for survival. 

----------------------------------------------------

With the help of my monopad, I managed to guide myself to the dining room. There, I saw Emika and Vanessa sitting next to each other, eating and talking to each other. 

Emika saw me and waved happily, "Hey Ayako! Come join us! And you don't need to worry, I've saved a plate for you."

After I got my food on my plate, I sat next to Vanessa. 

"So, how was your night, and where's Masato?" I asked. 

"I didn't sleep that well. This malicious game really got under my skin to the point where I barely got any sleep. I slept around 2 am. And Masato went to interact with the ultimates. " Emiko answered. 

"And how did it under your skin? Emika, you know games don't go under skins." Vanessa furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. 

"Vanessa, getting under skins means something that bothers them or upsets them." Emiko explained. 

"Oh, OK. I guess I need to learn the figurative language." 

"Don't worry about that! We'll help you." I smiled. 

"Aww! Thank you so much you guys." Vanessa giggled. 

"Anyway Vanessa, how was your night?" Emika asked. 

Vanessa's face turned into a perturbed expression. "I had a horrible nightmare. Last night, I dreamt that I was in front my house and I saw my family. I ran towards them and when I was about to hug them, they evaporated and my surroundings turned black. I tried to search for them, but I couldn't." 

"Oh my Vanessa, that's a terrible nightmare. Are you OK?" I asked worriedly and hugged her. 

"I am shaken up by this, but I'm alright." Vanessa said. 

"You know, when I was young, my mom once told me that dreams can indicate anything, especially disasters." Emiko explained. 

"Well, I just hope my nightmare doesn't predict something awful will happen to ny family." Vanessa said. 

"Me too." I got up and cleaned my plate after I finished my food. "Well, I gotta go and befriend the rest of the students. See ya later, guys! It was a pleasure talking to you. " 

"See you later, Ayako!" They exclaimed in unison.