Chapter 1 - Normal Day In The Life (For Some)

14th January 2012. Brooklyn's Kitchen.

Brooklyn is pacing round the room, he just applied for X-Factor, "What are people going to think of me". "What are my former bandmates going to think of me". I'm going to be seen as a flop but this is my last chance or i'll go to uni he thought. He struggled to keep himself together, scared that he will get turned down or that they won't want him or that he will wash up. He then flashes back to the headlines three years ago. "Mixed-Up member Brooklyn Atlas solo single tanks as charts at 92 on the UK singles chart".

Brooklyn's roommate walks in,
"Hey Brooklyn, did you apply for the X-Factor then".
"Yeah but i'm well nervous, i'm petrified".
"Don't worry, you will be fine. I auditioned twice, once at 14 in 2007 and then again at 18 in 2011, but you will be fine".
"Why dont you go for it again Sierra".
"Yeah I might do why not, hopefully i'll get past bootcamp this year".
Sierra was also desperate to be a singer, she had labels fighting for her in 2008 after her appearance on X-Factor, but had to focus on her exams and labels lost interest, so she dropped her debut EP in 2009 under a low budget label, although it did not sell well, it was critically acclaimed.
"Brooklyn, lets hope we both make the live shows this time, especially because it's probably my last chance to apply.".