7: Whiskey

Elisse Madison

Elisse slowly stretches to exercise her ankle and she is relieved because it doesn't hurt as much from the last few days. She is still a bit shaken up about that encounter with a huge hyena in the woods and she now get why most of the fences around this place have electrical wires. And she sometimes sees dead rabbits around the area, feeling so bad about them. Those rabbits are only probably looking for food but ended up dying because of those wires.

They are supposed to be safe in their sanctuary. Apparently, they are not.

She looked at the window and looked at the huge lighthouse, meters away from the villa where she is staying at. Maybe it's just her but she feels like someone is there too. There was this one night when the lights suddenly flickered. Not only once, but multiple times. This place may look like a paradise but this is nothing but a prison to her. And these people who took her made sure that she is kept in a place that no one will ever think about.

It has been days since she was taken and all she did in her room is to read books—read again, and again. To be honest, she can't even track the time anymore. All she could do is to wake up to some delicious foods and then spend her day wandering in the beach or in this massive house. She can't tell how long she has been in this island for she is just sleeping most of the time in the day and just walks to the beach by night. Maybe she is hoping that someone may see her stranded in here and perhaps help her out of this dangerous paradise.

But she is wondering where that man named Wolf is for, she had never seen him again after that night he pointed her a gun in the kitchen. Even the gorgeous kid who has been sketching a lot is nowhere to be seen. Even the men who usually stays in this luxurious villa aren't here most of the time and she is left alone. For someone who is so used to a place full of people and children, this isolation felt like a torture to her. She needs people, a conversation and most of all—her cub.

So far, she knows three of the people who took her. Wolf, Fox and Chameleon. Those are the codenames that they told her, at least. Of course, they are not revealing their identity and hide from these names that they came up with. There should be a reason why that Chameleon also calls her best friend—Aurora. Even her, they call her Alice for God's sake.

It may probably make sense because she doesn't have a clue of this place and she wanders around until she gets lost in this wonderland one day.

But why fairytale?

There is this one night before Wolf left with his son, she heard them talking through a radio. Using a mobile phone will be useless because they are in the middle of nowhere. Using frequencies will be their best option if they want to communicate but can keep their anonymity. She once heard a conversation in the basement but she doesn't get anything out of it. It sounded like they're using riddles and fairytales.

And even though she hears them, she won't know what they are up to. Well, who knows? Maybe they're planning to throw her out of the open sea and be feasted by sharks or God knows what.

For the past few days, she has been planning in her head how to escape. But that's impossible because she is in the middle of an island and she doesn't even know how to swim. But there are people who visits every now and then in this island. She saw their boat and she's certain that they are from the other island.

She tried to ask these women who visits the place but all they are ordered to do is to clean and to stack the fridge with food. It's so obvious that those women are only ordered that's why they don't even answer any of her questions. She pretty sure she noticed that they are bugged with some kind of microphones to make sure they aren't going to say anything.