9: Eat Me... Drink Me

Elisse Madison

"Leave it."

Elisse flinched when she heard a familiar voice from the door. It didn't take her a second to recognize who it was and that instantly made her nervous. She dropped the spoon on the floor and turned to look at him. She was uneasy because of what happened on the beach last night but like what she expected, he didn't look bothered at all.

Of course, why would he get bothered? He looks so experienced and kissing a woman like her, a captive of him at worst—might not be worthy of remembering.

What happened to chivalry these days?

Elisse looked at the spoon on the floor and is about to reach for it but the man who calls himself Wolf made big steps to kneel on the floor to get it for her. She paused and watched him look up to her with that spoon in his hand.

"I said, leave it. You never listen, do you?" He said and shook his head with that unamused smile. "This is why you dropped yourself in wonderland."

That—again.

The Alice in Wonderland references.

He took her wrist and pulled her closer, she hitched her breath when she ended up crashing against his chest. He arched his eyebrows with that cheeky smirk before turning to her bandaged hand.

"Stay still." He said curtly, redoing the bandage in her hand. He pulled the ends of it to securely cover the wound. He even bit the end of it while he carefully wrapped it around. Elisse didn't say anything and just let him do it.

But with him this close, she has the luxury to stare this stranger in front of her. She'll admit, he really is good looking. Nothing in his appearance would ever give her a hint that he is someone who kidnaps women for whatever reason he has. Her eyes slowly shifted to his lips when he let go of the tip of the bandage from his teeth, still continuing to bandage her hand up.

"Want a kiss, Alice?" He asked, making her blink her eyes several times and look away. How embarrassing could this ever get? She just got caught.

"My name is not Alice." She said and moved away, looking at her hand that he perfectly wrapped up. She turned and got more loaves of bread to continue making herself a quick breakfast. However, he bandaged her up that she ended up struggling to even open the jar of peanut butter.

She didn't spare him a glance when he leaned against the kitchen counter and watched her try to open the jar in her arms.

"Peanut butter? Ew." Jake said and took the jar from her to open it himself. He looked at it and grimaced. "Do you see how oily that is?"

"It's because it's made of peanuts, good sir. Peanuts contain good fat. Great for breakfast and you won't gain too much weight while letting yourself indulge in its sweetness." She said and took a new spoon to scoop up a portion of it for her loaf of bread.

"Well, I know a better diet for breakfast. Sex. Great for cardio." He joked and arched his eyebrows at her.

Elisse glared at him.

"My goodness. Watch your language. Is this how you talk to a lady? Where's your manners, mister?" She said incredulously and looked away.