Chapter 5:

"Nice to meet you, Morgyn. Now, if you two ladies will just follow me" Agent Coulson says, walking out of the room.

~

~

Following closely behind the man, I warily take in our surroundings. We walked down a short hallway before entering what looked to be a control room. There was a metal table in the center of the room, the walls made of glass and there were different videos and screens projected onto the walls.

"How do you know we can trust him?" I whisper to Skye, watching the agent who was pressing a few buttons on one of the many screens as different files appeared.

"You know the big guy who threw bags over our heads? Well, he injected the guy with a truth serum and let me ask him anything I wanted." Skye told me, a hint of amusement in her eyes. "They have a truth serum?" I asked a bit excited now. I contemplate this, weighing my odds. If we tried to escape, we would probably be thrown in jail for our connections to the Rising Tide. But if we cooperate, we could make a deal with them.

I decided to cooperate and trust him. After all, I respected the work that S.H.I.E.L.D. does. I know that with Skye working for the Rising Tide, that I should be against S.H.I.E.L.D., but I just couldn't bring myself to do so.

"Okay, I trust them if you do," I told Skye with a smile.

"What did Agent Ward tell you?" The agent asked Skye. "Ward doesn't like your style. I kind of think I do" Skye said, looking around the room. "What about him?" Coulson said, pulling up a video onto the wall screen.

The video was a news report of an accident that occurred down at a factory. Then, security footage was shown of a man attacking a worker at the factory. Sky and I looked at one another, knowing who it was.

"This is wrong, this is not the guy we met," Skye said. "Yeah, why would he save that woman one day, then attack someone the next day? He... he probably just needs a break." I said. "Then give him one. What have you got?" Coulson said.

Skye then pulled something out of her pocket, it was Michael's ID.