The first c rank

"Everyone in position?"

"Yuki in position."

"Kiyumi in position."

"Kainan in position, let's get this over with."

Team Itachi were in their hiding spots stalking their target, after a few more minutes of waiting, Itachi gave the order and the three immediately jumped out of their hiding spots towards a black cat with a ribbon on it's ear.

"I got it!" Kainan exclaimed holding up the cat in his hands, said cat sensed the kyuubi within the boy and started scratching his face till he let go, Kiyumi and Yuki couldn't stop laughing.

Later that day-Hokage's office

Kainan grinned madly when he saw the cat get crushed in a painful bear hug by the daimyo's wife madam Shijimi "Serves it right, little monster." He muttered with a dark chuckle while Kiyumi and Yuki watched the cat get crushed.

"Well now for your next mission will be to clean the hokage monument." Minato said with a pointed stare at Kainan who looked confused and was about to ask when the man continued "You know you were the one to paint it so don't try to deny it."

Team Itachi turned to the window and saw that the faces of the hokage were painted with orange paint "That was not me, I'm a shinobi now and even then, the last time I did that I used more than one colour." Kainan replied a little indignant.

At that point, realization dawned upon Kainan as he burst out laughing, he even fell to the ground holding his stomach "There's only one person other than Kushina-obaachan who loves the colour orange as much as she does." He then continued laughing.

Minato, knowing Kushina was sitting beside him and would not do this had his eyes widen as he and his wife slumped in their chairs and both muttered "Oh no."

Ninja academy

In one of the classrooms, a young boy around the age of ten sat in the class listening to the teacher's lectures with a bored expression. He then turned to the window and stared at the hokage monument and grinned

Back at the hokage tower

Kushina sighed, it just had to be him "Naruto." She said with a frown, her husband nodding beside her "First Kainan and then our son, do we just raise troublemakers?"

"Okay back on track, so what's our actual mission?" Yuki asked, while it was nice to see the interaction between family but they had to be professional.

"Oh, well you guys have truly exceeded my expectations and have even learned elemental ninjutsu, even though that is only meant for chunin and jounin." Minato explained and received smiles from the team before him "You've already passed the specific number of D-ranked missions and as such I will grant you your first C-ranked mission."

At those words Kainan grinned madly "About time, those D-ranks were annoying." Kainan said with his eyebrow twitching. Minato, Kushina and Itachi had a knowing look, clearly the villagers either didn't want him around or would give him more work or really difficult tasks to complete.

Minato then tossed a scroll to Itachi who caught it "Your mission is to give that message to the kazekage in Sunagakure there is no need to hurry but don't take too long, you're dismissed."

Kainan grinned, stood straight and saluted Minato "Sir yes sir!" With that he vanished from the office in a bright red flash, everyone in the room was stunned but the most surprised was Minato.