Chapter 4

"Hmmng" Harry murmurs in his sleep, an uncomfortable force moving his shoulder. It tingles a bit on his skin.

"Harry." he hears a whisper. God?

"Harry." it whispers again. OMG. Damn, god is talking to him. What should he say? Is he supposed to talk back?

"Mrmmng" he mumbles again. Darn, he meant to ask God what he was doing in Harry's apartment. There's not much to do, you see, besides maybe cooking some pancakes. Oh how Harry craved pancakes right now-

"Harry!"

With a small choke on his spit, he startles awake, eyes shooting open in distress as his shoulder is being pulled on lightly.

He calms down immediately, though, when he notices he's lying on the sofa in his familiar bedroom and memories from this early morning start to come back.

He looks up and sees Louis arched forward towards him and a hand on his shoulder. As soon as the boy sees Harry is awake, he retracts his hand and stumbles back shyly.

"Good morning." Harry speaks softly with a smile. He takes his time, but gets up eventually and ruffles his unruly hair. He's walking to the kitchen when he notices Louis standing in the corner of the room awkwardly, his fingers fumbling against his tummy.

"Do you want some breakfast? I can make you pancakes if you want-"

"Why am I here?" Louis answers his question with a question. Though the question doesn't really answer the question. Harry's question that is. It's- Harry will have to rearrange his thoughts about this. Anyways, moving on.

"Erm..." he wasn't able to collect his thoughts all of a sudden, as two gorgeous blue orbs are aimed at him and the owner's teeth are sunken deep into his lower lip. Harry notices he's nervous, "I saw you through my window around 6am, you were sleeping on that bench so..."

Louis waits for him to go on, and when it seems he's not planning to do so, his eyebrows raise a bit, but not in a bratty way. In a cute way where his upper lip covers his teeth pressed lower lip. Easier explained, only his upper lip is visible in a shy pout and it's adorable.

"So I brought you up here to sleep in a decent bed. Since... I don't have keys to your apartment, you know." Harry chuckles and Louis blushes with a small smile.

"Oh, well... thanks, I guess? And sorry."

"What are you apologising for?"

"I- erm. Because I was... you know. Sleeping, there? And you had to... like you didn't have to," Louis huffs, Harry notices he's mentally cursing himself for stuttering like this but he just finds it cute, "I- I don't know."

"Don't be sorry, babe. You can't control your sleep walking now, innit?"

Louis gulps lightly at the nickname, but it's only barely visible. His blush, however, covers his cheeks in a deep pink.

"Yeah... erm. Well, really thank you again, Harry. I'll be going now." he smiles softly and heads towards the door but Harry gets in the way with a soft, sad frown.

"Why? I wanted to make you breakfast. It's Saturday so I figured you don't have any classes. People say I make the best pancakes-"

"No, no it's okay, Harry. Really, I appreciate it." he sees Harry's face shift to a sad look and mentally curses himself for making Harry feel this way. He really wants nothing more than to see the guy smile and pop those beautiful dimples, "I'm sorry. I'd love to stay, really, but I- I just... I need to feed my dog."

With that, Louis runs around Harry and out the door of his apartment. It was a silly excuse, really, and Harry wonders if he has pushed Louis too much. If he actually was bothered by the fact that Harry carried him from a hard cold bench outside to a warm, cozy bed.