chapter five

She sat tied to the chair for what seemed like hours. She hadnt seen Victor in almost 24 hours. Finally he came in with a plate of food.

"My mom is coming." He smiled. "Oh I know. And I will be ready for her. Tell me. How is dear old dad doing?" She was confused. "What do you mean?" "Well last I heard, he and your mom split up after you were born and after they retired."

She shifted in her chair from the uncomfort building in the room. "I have never met my father. My mom said he died in a plane crash on his way to a meeting for work." "Oh sweety thats all wrong. Your mother has been keeping their history from you."

"What do you mean?" "Kelly, your parents were paid assassins and were sent by the US to kill a mob leader in Russia. My leader. And they succeeded in it. They hid from us after that. Changed their names and to avoid further communication with us, they split up, and your mother took you. Its a shame really. Even THAT couldnt protect you."

*Janna*

She drove down the highway, looking for any sign of where her daughter could be. "This is insane. She is with a mob. I will never find her." There was only one way she could do this. Even though she had been out of the business for almost 18 years, it had to be done.

She picked up her phone and slowly dialed the number. She hit call. The phone rang. The suspense of waiting for it to pick up was overwhelming.

"Hello?"

"Brian, its Janna. We have a bit of a problem."