❝Happily Ever After, Perhaps?❞

It was the next day as Davina stood next to Bucky while Steve, Bruce and Sam were talking among themselves

It was the next day as Davina stood next to Bucky while Steve, Bruce and Sam were talking among themselves. Bucky had his arm around Davina's shoulders, comforting her. Davina had a big heart and Bucky knew that Steve was probably going to do something stupid.

"Now, remember- you have to return the stones to the exact moment you got them. Or you're gonna open up a bunch of nasty alternative realities." Bruce mentioned and Steve nods his head, closing the case as they placed the stones inside the case.

"Don't worry, Bruce. Clip all the branches." Steve said.

"You know, I tried. When I had the gauntlet, the stones, I really tried to bring her back," Bruce looks at Steve becoming slightly sad, "I miss her, man." Bruce said, referring to Natasha. Bucky looked at Davina, who was trying to hold her tears back from spilling down her face.

"Me, too." Steve said, missing Natasha as well.

Steve took the case with the stones and Sam walks next to Steve as they walk towards the time travel machine.

"You know, if you want, I can come with you. Keep an eye on you for Davina." Sam said and Steve smiled as he looked at Sam.

"You're a good man, Sam. This one's on me, though." Steve says, causing Sam to smile. Steve walks over to Bucky and Davina, looking at the two people that have changed his life over the years, in more than one ways.

"Don't do anything stupid 'till I get back." Steve says and Bucky lets out a small smile, looking at his best friend.

"How can I? You're taking all the stupid with you." Bucky said and Davina lets out a small smile to their small reference. Bucky and Steve hug each other. Once their hug was over, Steve looked at Bucky as Bucky looked at Steve, "Gonna miss you, Buddy. Just come home quickly." Bucky said and Davina had a small smile on her face for a moment.

"It's gonna be okay, Buck. I'll be back before you know it." Steve says looking at Bucky and then over at Davina. Steve puts the case of the stones down on the ground as Steve gently cupped Davina's face in his large hands. Steve looked at Davina with love in his eyes, "Cookie, my love, I will be back to you and our little one, soon. I promise you." Steve said and Davina let's out a shaky breathe followed by a shuddering noise.

"I know, Steve. It's ok. Do what your heart tells you what's right. Do what makes you happy, Steve. Don't worry about me." Davina said, trying her best not to show her tears but Steve and Bucky could see her tears perfectly. Nothing could get past them. Steve touched a strand of Davina's short hair, wanting to feel it's softness a bit longer. Just a few more minutes longer.

Steve cupped her face, again, in his hands and gently kisses her, putting his forehead on her own, "Don't do anything stupid, Rogers. We will be waiting for you." Davina said, placing his hand on her stomach and Steve looked at her.

"Do not worry, I do not plan on doing anything stupid anytime soon." Steve said and Davina smiled at Steve as he walked over to the Quantum portal and puts on the Quantum suit. Bucky puts his arm on Davina's shoulder as Sam stood next to Davina.