Chapter 2

Mist's POV
"I'ma leave the door open, I'ma leave the door.." yeah no kidding, I rolled my eyes as I hid my gun and holster in my pot plant near the door. Now I regret showing him where I stay and giving him a damn spare key. I mean sometimes I get lazy to make it all the way across town for a hook up and he always has no problem making his way here. "I won't bite ah ah, unless you like.." and what on earth is he singing and so loud at that.

" Marcus, why are you in my kitchen," I said as I walked into the kitchen and what a sight, "and dressed in just my apron" I continued with a smirk on my face. He quickly turned to me; with blush rising to his chicks he cleared his throat and scratched the back of his neck. "I-uhm- you seemed kinda stressed earlier so I figured you got a work call and you'd come back tired so I figured I'd come over and make you dinner, prepare a bath for you like you like and..." I cleared my throat and stopped his rant with a raise of my hand. He nervously chuckled and moved from foot to foot. Well about time I ended his misery, well that and whatever was going on because I clearly can't have him getting attached to me. I smiled at him and I noticed him visibly relax (what, it's the perks of my job, yay me), "listen Marcus, this is all sweet and nice and I appreciate it but you honestly didn't have to go through all this trouble for..." he spoke up, " uhm yeah I know and sorry for interrupting you I know you hate it." Okay when did he get so observant, "there better be Mac and cheese in there, I'm going to take a bath," I smiled at him and walked to my bathroom.

I walked to my room and saw Bob and smiled at him, "hey Bob, guess who's back from a long ass mission," I started rumbling to him all about what happened as I got undressed and got the shower ready, well goodbye to my long awaited bath. I quickly had my shower and got dressed in a large t-shirt and some socks. I walked to my kitchen and found Marcus setting the table, I could see how happy he was doing all this. Well looks like I have to end this earlier than I had planned, I sighed heavily and made my presence known. I sat down at the table and looked up at him as he started serving my plate, okay this is starting to get out of hand. I clear my throat, "uhm Marcus, what's all this?" He smiled at me, "dinner for the very stressed lady, what else could it be?" I gave him a slight smile and let him take his seat. We are quietly with small talk here and there. Was he trying to crack jokes, wow okay I can't do this, "Marcus, look, you and I are strictly friends," if that's what you could even call this, "friends that occasionally have sex, I warned you this is all it could ever be. You can't like me."

I noticed him tense and his jaw tick, well this can't be good. "Come'on Mist, you can't tell me that after all this you don't feel a thing for me?" I raised my eyebrows at him and folded my arms in front of my chest, he had to know better than that. "Okay, I know this started as just sex but we can give it a try. I mean it wouldn't hurt to see what we could be," yeah right, like he could handle my emotionless self, he barely even knows me save for my favorite meal and drinks that I order at his bar. I was just about to turn him down when the door bell rung, "saved my the bell," I had him rumble under his breathe. "Get dressed please or better yet, go stay in my room and for the love of God don't leave it." I walked up to my door, looked to see if Marcus was behind me and got my gun from the pot and held it behind my back. I looked through the peephole and let my breathe which I didn't even notice I was holding. I unlocked the door and smiled, "Old man, what a surprise." He walked in and towards the living room, "am I interrupting something?" He turned to me with raised eyebrows and looked back at my kitchen, "big dinner for one human and a gold fish, don't you think?" I chuckled and looked towards the only man that could make me nervous, "uhm no, you're not interrupting I just got a big appetite after Detroit," I quickly said as I scratched the back of my neck. "Mhm," he sat down, "okay I'll get straight to the point, I don't want to keep your visitor waiting," I looked at him stunned, "h-how?" He simply pointed at Marcus' shoes by the door, damnit Marcus, well that's unfortunate. "Here are your tickets, documents, you'll meet an agent when you land and please don't go making a mess for everyone. I don't want what happened in Mexico happening again. Clear?" I rolled my eyes, see in Mexico one of the agents I was working with couldn't keep his hands to himself and not just with me, but with every woman within touching distance. So I taught him a lesson, broke his hands, simple. Now he'll know not to touch what's not his, "you and I both know I can't make that promise old man." I said with a sly smile on my face. He sighed and got up from his sit, "I hope for my sake and yours, you're being careful with your man friend." And with that he walked out. Well that went better than I expected.