Chapter two

(I will not be using honorifics in this story because I'm too lazy and it's complicated for a young white girl to do)

I watched the young girl carefully, making sure no one was around to see what was about to happen. She was quite a catch too, this one is. She seemed to have wandered away from home. She wore a yellow sundress with white dress shoes. Her blonde hair bounced as she skipped down the empty sidewalk, humming a familiar lullaby with her eyes closed.

As she neared the alley I was in, I sat on the ground with the hood of my long black cloak over my head. When she came I to my line of vision I whispered, "Hey! Girl!"

She turned to me with wide eyes, surprised someone was in the alley. I held out my hand like I was asking her to help me up. When she put her soft hand in mine, I yanked her into the dark alley, covering her mouth to reduce the sound of struggle. I pulled her into the deepest part of the alley and tossed her at the side of a dumpster. I looked around cautiously, making sure no one might have seen or heard us. The coast seemed to be clear, so I turned back to the girl and looked her up and down, grinning as I realized how tasty she will be. She was the perfect meal! Her soft and tender skin will rip easily by my teeth, and her untainted blood would be like a refreshing cup of coffee! Ah, I'm drooling just thinking about it!

"Hey! Who do you think you are?" Shouted an angry voice from behind me. I grew angered. Who dares to interrupt me while I was about to eat?! I whipped around to see a shady looking man in a business suit. He smelled disgusting. When my eyes met his, I saw that he was a ghoul. Tch, figures. He looked like a creepy pedo that thinks that a business suit will get him respect.

His eyes narrowed at the snack behind me, gritting his teeth.
"You're....hunting in my territory?" He asked. I was surprized at how calm his voice was, but I was no fool. He was burning with anger, about to burst at any second.
I nodded my head slowly. I actually wasn't sure what I was supposed to do. The man snapped his teeth at me and a Kagune ripped from right below his shoulder. I jumped back a little, ignoring the soft whimpers on the girl behind me.

"For that, you shall pay!" He shouted and raced at me. I picked up the girl and ran backwards, only for my back to hit a wall.
Of course....A dead end. This is just like all those horror movies, damn it!

Thinking quick, I snapped the neck of the girl and dodged the man's oncoming attack. I ducked under his arm and ran out of the alley, across the street. Aannnnddd I ran into him again. He must have jumped or something because there was no way he could have ran that fast. I groaned because I couldn't take out my Kagune to fight, I could only use my hands. Oh well, better to try than to do nothing at all.

I raised my fist and aimed for his face, but he grabbed it in midair and hurdled me into the alley. My back slammed into the nearest dumpster and the corner of my head hit the edge. At that moment I thought, "why hasn't anyone seen us yet?"
I groaned as my back hit the ground, sending pain rippling through my body. I opened my eyes a crack to see the man standing over me, about to finish me off.

Suddenly he was knocked off his feet and shoved into the nearest wall by what seemed to be a streak of purple. A hand yanked me off the ground and I was suddenly being pulled out into the street. I was still a bit dizzy from the impact of my head hitting the dumpster, so I couldn't process what was happening around me. It was like I was drugged and a hangover was happening at the same time.
Black dots edged it's way in my eyes and I lost my balance. I remembered soft arms holding me up as I passed out.

^^^^^^&&^^ \■¡•|{¿

I felt a object being pulled off my head and another one put on. It felt cold and soothing against my burning hot head. My eyes moved behind my eyelids and I knew I was able to open them. I just didn't want to because I would be met with a bright light and I have a small headache.
I wiggled all 10 of my fingers and then my other 10 toes successfully. The figure beside me sighed and stood up. It started moving toward the door when I grabbed it's arm. I don't want to be left alone. Not again.

"Please don't leave," I muttered.
The person gave another sigh and sat back down beside the bed.
"Can you open your eyes?" He asked. I noticed he sounded like a old man, probably around 60. I nodded my head and forced my eyes to open.

"The room was almost empty. Only a coffee table and a bed decorated it, and a small window was above me. I turned over and saw a elderly man smiling at me. He had thin, slicked back, gray hair. He had had a name tag pinned into his black vest that said "manager"

"Welcome to Anteiku, young one." He said. I pushed myself up into a sitting and stared at him. He looked kind, but I couldn't trust everyone as soon as I meet them. He could be a secret dragon. Okay, maybe not but he could be a danger to me.

The door behind him opened and a boy in a waiters outfit stepped In with a tray of coffee. The smell of coffee wafted to my nose and I resisted jumping up and snatching it out of his hands.

"Ah, Kaneki," the manager said. Kaneki smiled and set the tray down and handed me a cup of hot coffee. I took it and stared at the liquid. The manager smiled again and rest his hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay, Han. We know what and who you are. Your uncle Jim stopped by while you were out. You're probably wondering what it is we do here and why we haven't hurt you yet, yes?" I nodded slowly. The manager stood up and walked towards the door.
"It's guess we'll just have to show you. Kaneki, will you show her around?"
Kaneki nodded, but it was more of a command than a question. Kaneki jumped to his feet when the door shut, signaling the manager left.

"H-hi! I'm kaneki. If you don't mind me asking, do you remember me?" He asked shyly while holding his arm with one of his hands. He rocked back on his heels, waiting for me to answer. When I couldn't think of anything, I shook my head and smiled sheepishly at him.

"I'm the one that pulled you out of the alley! Although, touka was the one who killed the other Ghoul..." He said. He raised his hand to the back of his head and scratched it, laughing softly. I said nothing, but beckoned for him to help me up. He widened his eyes like me forgot he was supposed to be showing me around.
He grabbed my arm and pulled me off the bed. I stumbled around for a second, but regained my balance after a second.

I turned toward Kaneki and smiled brightly while holding out my hand.
"Thank you! Let's start over. My name is Han, nice to meet you!"
Kaneki was stunned for a while, but when he saw what I was doing he put his soft hand In mine.
"Nice to meet you, Han! My name is Kaneki!"