Chapter 24 A Scent Of Victory

A few minutes later, Kuhn Lau watched from a distance as Slicer traded violent punches with Ace and Indistructo. He held his own against the two while Kuhn Lau carefully studied the assassin's actions.

It seemed he had the upper hand as he could surprise Slicer with an unexpected attack. With his right hand pointed toward the ground and his eyes closed. He fixed his attention on the aquifer. The moment that he did that, the current halted. Through the might of his skills, it ascended toward the surface. Despite surging toward the surface, the current was not strong enough to phase through.

"What is going on?" He pondered.

"Why isn't the water coming out?"

After some time, he concluded.

"Of course, the thickness of the crust is blocking the current from coming out. Now, I wonder what would happen if I raised my hands?"

He elevated his hands to apply additional pressure to assist the current in passing through. As luck would have it, a spring of water erupted. There were also multiple springs of fresh water all around Kuhn Lau. The springs emerged from the earth and ascended toward the dark, grey sky.

Kuhn Lau then moved his hands in various ways to manipulate the springs. Then, a peculiar event happened. The water springs began to ascend in a spiral shape, initially resembling a tornado. While this was happening, Kuhn Lau levitated until he arrived at the center of the water tornado.

Meanwhile, Ace kept Slicer distracted while Indistructo charged his Iron Fist. When the Iron Fist of Unmei was energized, he tried to strike Slicer with it from behind. Unfortunately, the latter zipped away, using rapid movement. Instead, he hit Ace with it.

The force of his fist repelled him at a further distance. The windows of the buildings that Ace passed ruptured.

"Ace!" He yelled with concern

"Are you ever not going to fall for that?" Slicer inquired.

"Shut up!"

Without notice, Indistructo pursued him, flying with tremendous speed. However, Slicer analyzed his body to find vital points.

He did this by using his HUD. He found one of his vital points, which was on the nape. With precise speed, he struck him with a chop to the neck. He then lost consciousness and fell to the ground.

He then tendered his gaze to Kuhn Lau. When his eyes fell on him, a frightening sight stood before him. Kuhn Lau was confined in a terrifying element, a tornado of water.

"Well, I'll be damned. I guess Kuhn Lau isn't as weak as I thought. No matter; I've dealt with far worse than this," Slicer murmured.

When the tornado reached six hundred feet, Kuhn Lau opened his eyes and fixed them toward his adversary.

"It's time for you to atone for all your sins, assassin!" Kuhn Lau exclaimed.

He extended his hands in his direction, which caused the tornado to change into a wave. The enormous wave rushed to sweep him away as it crashed into the ground. Slicer, however, transitioned away from his current position and appeared above Kuhn Lau. Kuhn Lau was too surprised to respond at that moment. He believed that the current had swept him away.