•CHAPTER 2•

||•Shell-Shock•||

•||Take My Heart||•

The storm was whistling outside, and the window was shuddering from the knocking air. Dark-consumed clouds covered the light of the sun, and the little wavering light from the candle wasn't enough to light the whole room. The wood in the chimney turned to ash, and the humidity went the whole way down.

Staring at each other menacingly, Killua sank deeper into the blankets and glared at the flaring eyes of Gon. "You're not going to come with me?" The raven-haired soldier muttered, eyeing the embarrassed and naked young adult.

"Why would I come with you?! I don't even know you!" The albino hissed at Gon's glare who focused on the small tufts that were sticking in all directions. It made the youngster sound much sexier. "It was a nightstand, nothing more. That's not enough to order me to go wherever with you."

"As you wish. Stay here and get sick like other civilians."

"What does that mean?!"

Gon turned towards the door, gave Killua a meaningful look before closing the door behind him with a barely audible thud. The albino was frowning at the cracked wooden door before he decided to have a shower.

His body is sore, especially his lower half, which was a pain moving around. He limped towards the bathroom door, sulking at the rusty knob and the little splinters of paint falling on his fingers.

The door groaned from old age when Killua squeaked it open. His bare feet touched the warm ground of the bathroom since Gon just took a shower. The steam didn't blow off completely and the mirror was foggy, so Killua couldn't see his reflection, nor the hickeys marking his whole body.

A shiver ran down his spine because of switching from the cold room to the hot bathroom. He limped towards the shower and turned it on, adjusting the water, and getting in.

Unfortunately, his peace only lasted for two scrubs and one hair rubbing before the door of the bathroom banged open, slamming the wall behind it. Killua squeaked and covered his naked body once met with the cold air again.

He stared embarrassingly at the panting Gon who sounded extremely anxious and serious. "Get the fuck out and wear your outfit, FAST!"

Killua shivered. The tone he was met with wasn't the tone that he can deny. It wasn't the tone of the stranger he once did it with; it's the tone of a soldier who is expecting a yes as an answer only.

He gulped and obeyed once Gon rushed out of the bathroom. Killua closed the faucet and Gon went back with Killua's clothes in  hand while the other was holding a revolver.

Formerly, he stood on guard near the bathroom door when Killua started drying himself and wearing his clothes back. "Wh-What's happening?" The albino wasn't sure if he should ask or not, but he managed to murmur in the form of a soft stutter right after he buckled his pants. All he was met by was a rigid shivering huff.

He frowned, curiosity getting ahead like it always does for any human. Killua wanted to know, so he decided to ask. Alas, time wasn't in his favor…

Suddenly, a creature broke the wooden door of the motel room, groaning and growling like a dead rotten piece of a legend. Killua's lips were parted and he was taken by the moment when the rotten creature appeared at the door of the bathroom and attacked the soldier who was on the lookout.

However, Gon was expecting some unwanted visitors, "KILLUA! It's no time for being shocked!!!! Stay away!" The albino was in a fatal shock, a part of the well-known shell shock.