Chapter 2

Cecelia's POV:

"Mom??" I whisper, unaware of what might happen.

"Baby what are you doing?" She asked, her eyebrows nitting together.

"I need to get away mama, I got to.", My country accent showing it's self.

"Babydoll, I was just coming to talk to you about that" she spoke in a hushed tone " You're father just left to the bar... We are leaving, just me and you, we're gettin out of this hell hole"

She motioned me to follow her outside towards are truck.

"But mama what will happen when he finds out? You know what he is capable of doin"

She stayed silent and continued towards the truck. What is she doing? She knows how bad papa can be, he would come after us I'm sure of it.

When we made it to the truck I looked in the back to see what I assume is her belongings. I through my bag next to her stuff and got in the old red truck after mama did.

"Mama please tell me what your plan is, we can't just leave and have no place to go!" I raised my voice out of aggravation.

"I have a friend in New Jersey who is willing to let us stay at their place tell we can afford our own" she reached across the center console and grabbed my hand "We're gunna be alright Cecelia"

And just like that we were off, driving away from that hell hole I once called home.. I hope she was right about us being alright.

∆∆∆∆∆

Sorry for not updating in SO LONG please forgive me :)