Chapter 1: Receiving Hate Via Twitter

I opened the laptop that Harry had gotten me for my birthday last week. I haven't been on Twitter since before the concert that I met the boys at so I decided to check it.

As I waited for the laptop to load, I reflected on the past year. I went from being abandoned, barely living on the streets, and cutting daily to having so many people caring and watching over me and being cut free for a month now.

The computer finally loaded and I logged in, clicked on the internet, and typed twitter.com into the browser. It came up asking for my username or email and password. I remembered my email no problem but I had to think about my password for a minute. I laughed to myself when I finally remembered it. HarryStylesIsSexy.

"What are you laughing at babe?" Harry asked when he walked into the room.

"Oh, nothing. I'm just logging onto my twitter for the first time in forever and remembered that my password is Harry Styles is sexy. It's just so ironic," I told him.

"Wait, you haven't logged on since before you met me?" he asked.

"Nope."

"Log off. Now," he demanded.

"Why?" I asked as I went to check out my mentions. The second they came up, I realized why he didn't want me to log on.

"@LoveStyles: @MeganHall Y ARE YOU WITH @Harry_Styles ?!?!? HE SHOULD BE WITH ME!!"

"@HazzaInBed: @Harry_Styles shouldn't be with @MeganHall...he seems so sad with her."

"@Directioner4Lyfe: Can @Harry_Styles just break up with @MeganHall already? She's a nobody."

"@ForeverLovingHoran: @Harry_Styles deserves someone better than @MeganHall honestly"

"@FollowMe1D: What does @Harry_Styles see in @MeganHall??? I don't see it..."

Harry walked up and closed the laptop before I could read any more. "Now you see why I didn't want you to log on?" he asked.

I nodded with tears in my eyes.

"Promise me that you won't log on again?" Harry pleaded, "I hate seeing you like this. I've liked how happy you've been the past few weeks. You've been doing good and I don't want these people to get to you."

"I promise," I lied. I hate reading those things but I need to know why people hate me so much. I haven't done anything to them and Harry is happy with me. I just don't understand and I need to understand.

"Okay, now I need to go to the recording studio to start recording for our next album. No logging on to twitter," Harry said as he left the flat. I had moved in with Harry in London a couple months ago. I sometimes feel like I do absolutely nothing while Harry works day in and day out to keep his fans happy. I needed to get a job of some sort. Maybe that's one of the reasons people hate me.

I waited half an hour before logging back onto Twitter. I wanted to be sure that Harry was gone and wasn't coming back for a while.

Instead of looking at my mentions this time, I typed 'Harry's girlfriend' into the search on Twitter.

"@NiamForever: Harry's girlfriend's twitter is @MeganHall...please don't send her hate but love :) <3"

One good thing said about me out of how many bad things?

"@SexWithLarry: Harry's girlfriend honestly isn't even pretty..."

"@FuckStyles: What does Harry's girlfriend even do? Stalk him and the rest of the boys?"

"@LousMyBoy: Harry's girlfriend is trending worldwide. I click on it and it's all hate. Come on guys :p"

"@OneDUpdates: Rumor has it that Harry's girlfriend cuts"