Chapter 23: Everything Will Be Okay

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

This beeping was annoying but it sounded familiar.

I opened my eyes and found myself lying in a hospital bed. The room was empty. I was the only one in the room. Alone.

Does this mean I failed at committing suicide? Was that all a dream?

But if it was a failed attempt, where's Harry? He wouldn't just leave me here, would he?

Suddenly, that curly haired boy walked into the room with a tray of food. He looked to me, probably expecting to see me passed out on the bed. When he saw that I was awake, he gasped and dropped his tray.

"Shit!" he swore looking down at the food that had spilled everywhere but then he looked back up to me and completely forgot about the food.

"Hang on, love," he ran out and shouted for a nurse to take my feeding tubes out. I hadn't even realized I had any to be completely honest.

Harry stood back as a nurse took my feeding tubes out. I couldn't take my eyes off of him and he couldn't keep his eyes off of me. We missed each other. It was obvious.

When the nurse finally finished, she looked back and forth between Harry and I. "I'll let you two talk. Welcome back honey," she said.

"Thanks," I awkwardly replied.

The nurse finally left and Harry immediately ran up to me and crushed his lips against mine. I kissed him back. I missed the real him so much. I have no doubt that he missed me more though.

He pulled away from our long, passionate kiss and whispered, "You scared the shit out of me. I thought I lost you."

"How long, um, was I...?" I trailed off.

"You were in a coma for a month after you attempted suicide," he told me. Tears were threatening to fall from both of our eyes. We were both just so happy to see each other again.

"Wait, are you happy or upset that you failed?" Harry asked.

"I'm so fucking happy, Styles! I made a huge mistake and I was worried it was permanent!"

"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem," Harry told me.

"I know that now," I smiled at him.

"Good," he smiled back, "Does that mean you think you won't try again?"

"I can guarantee that!" I proudly told him.

"Good. I have to call the boys and tell them you're awake," he started to pull his phone out of his pocket but I grabbed his arm.

"Have you been here everyday for the past month?" I asked.

Harry nodded, "Yeah, but everyone understood. Even the fans did."

"Really?" I asked, shocked. The fans couldn't even accept the fact that Harry and I were dating. It was one of the reasons I attempted suicide. Why would they accept him taking a break from One Direction for me?

"I was just as shocked as you were honestly. The fans have never accepted me and the boys being in love but I guess they realize that I truly love you. We have something special here Megan. I've never felt this strongly about someone as quick as I did. All that time I had to wait for you to be ready to date me was so difficult. Every time I saw your beautiful face, I wanted to kiss you. Every time I talked to you, I wanted to tell you that I love you. Every time we were walking together, I wanted to hold your hand. Every time you cried, I wanted to hold you close for hours upon hours and tell you how beautiful you are and how much I love you but I knew I couldn't because you wanted to straighten out your life first. The fans realized that my love for you was true and accepted the fact that I was taking time away from One Direction to wait for you to wake up."