FOUR

Hurray! Anselm is coming back today. Finally,after all this months! Oops,did I say months,it was just a week and it felt like it was months or even years.
I hurriedly entered my car to pick her up from the airport. I drove to the airport on time waiting next to an old woman.
"Ohh, Maa. Take your purse; you dropped it" I said giving it to her. she takes some minutes in scanning my face.
"Ahh, thank you so much dear. Are you married?", "Ohm, no. Am not married but soon to".
"That's lovely dear. you know I have a son that's not married, my last child actually and ...

Right off in hearing her say that; I stopped listening to her. She kept on saying and saying; I could not listen to her anymore. The words she said made me remember Edward, Yuck!! So full of himself

"Bel! A soft voice came putting my random thoughts to an end. I looked and it was Anselm coming towards me; I rushed and hugged her noticing a tall figure behind her. We unlocked the hug and both of them stared at each other smiling.

"Milton meet Belvin, my best friend; Bel meet Milton, my fiancé" she said showing me the ring on her finger with a broad smile.
I kept mute trying to look for the word to put but could not't find it. I looked shocked, they both stared at each other and back to me.
"What! You are engaged, why didn't you tell me all this while wait, when did this happen? Was I busy that day or what", looking lost.

"Chill babe when we get home", she said with a charming wink.
Melton, Anse's finance lodged into a hotel and the rest of the drive with Anse and me was quite too quite. I didn't say a word, got from the car and rushed locking the door, i just couldn't believe it, Anselm, my best friend will be getting married soonest, within a twinkle of an eye things has gone far, a knock came ending my thoughts, distracting my thoughts.
It's bel, "Hey Bel, don't give me that disappointing look. Ok let me explain. Milton is just a distance family friend. I told you about him a long time ago and we did not know each other well then, but now we are in love. I said smiling at my words.

After we met at the airport, we realized that we knew each other families.
Then after that we hung out a couple of times, we got know each other well. And we fell deeply for each other, then he .. proposed to me, i wanted it to be a surprise, Bel".
Bel looked at me, giving me the puppy dog eye, then i smiled back at her, opening my arms for a hug.

Thank you...... For reading