Friendship

A/N: Season 4 does not apply to this since I had this idea a while before.

❤︎❤︎❤︎

That was an exhausting fight was all Ladybug could think of before crashing down on the nearest balcony with a loud thump as her transformation wore off.

"Mar... ett... Ma... net... Mari... nette..." Marinette! That's my name! Someone is calling my name! She sits up quickly and regrets it immediately as lights pop up in front of her eyes.

"Oh girl! Thank goodness you're okay!" Somebody hazy is leaning over Marinette and as she regains her focus she recognises it to be Alya.

"Hey..." Marinette's answer is feeble because she's worried about what Alya was thinking. I mean she literally dropped out of the sky on her balcony.

"Are you okay?! Do you need anything? You're really bruised on your back so I put some ice on it," Alya started fusing over Marinette and didn't seem to be the least bit bothered about how she suddenly fell onto her balcony.

Alya brought a glass of water to Marinette's side and she gladly accepted it. "Thanks," She starts sipping it slowly, grateful for the refreshment.

Alya was glad as she saw Marinette relax a bit, leaning into the couch she was now sitting on. She watched her with a little smirk, seeing how she still seemed confused.

Marinette saw Alya looking at her with a small smirk on her face and she looks at her, defensive, "What?"

"Nothing," She dismisses her, still smiling.

"Ummm... What- Uh- Why- I- I should probably leave..." Marinette starts standing up, ending her awkward sentence.

"What? No! You're still hurt!" Alya scolds her and pushes her back onto the couch.

Marinette looks almost scared, "B-but y-you c-can't-"

"Can't what?" Alya cuts Marinette off when she starts stammering again, "Take care of you? When that's all you do?"

Marinette's eyes widen.

"You're hurt! Let me take care of you," She quietens, "It's the least I could do."

"B-but-"

"No buts," Alya points her finger at her, "You're staying here until you're okay."

Marinette nods but her eyes still look worried. After a while of silence where Marinette stared into space, not sure what Alya was going to do, Alya starts speaking.

"Oh don't look at me like that. You think I'm supposed to be shocked that my best friend landed on my balcony, appearing out of thin air? Well I guess most people would b-but that's besides the point! I know who you are Marinette- No! Shush! Don't try that "that I'm who" nonsense! There's no point in trying to hiding it Marinette! I know you're Ladybug!"

Marinette's eyes grow to about twice their normal size, "B-but h-how...?" She doesn't know what to say.

"Come on, you can't expect me to just ignore all the times you disappear. Plus you've been exhausted all the time but it doesn't make sense because every time I ask you whether we should hang out you say that you don't have time or that you're busy doing something else. You've been lying to us but I won't blame you because around two weeks ago I found out why you were doing all of this stuff," Alya ends her rant by looking at Marinette gently, "You don't have to lie to me anymore."

Marinette's eyes start to water. She looks down, "I'm so sorry for lying to you for so long but you couldn't know... no one can know," Marinette looks at Alya, "B-but I'm so glad you know."

Alya stands up from where she had sat down on the couch and hugs Marinette, "I'm here for you, whenever you need me."

When the situation finally sunk into Marinette she starts sobbing. She had someone she didn't have to lie to, someone she could trust with everything, the whole truth.

"Thank you, Alya," Marinette held Alya tighter.

"I'll always be there for you," Alya gently lets go of Marinette and smiles at her, "That's what friends are for."

❤︎❤︎❤︎

A/N: Hey, first post in a while! Yeah sorry that it was so short but I'm currently working on a short story and I'm back at school so less time to write... Anyways I'll hopefully post again soon!