Chapter 5 - Stranger

"Eomma, I'm heading to Jimin's" swinging the bag on his shoulders Taehyung grabbed his black hoodie which was his favourite one in his collection. All three of them agreed to meet at Jimin's house.

It was the last day of Taehyung's high school journey. Both Jimin and Taehyung were excited to explore the world from their own now. Hoseok, the elderly guy already graduated from high school before them. Three of them have been best friends since that day they found Taehyung getting bullied. Even Hoseok was out of school, he always managed to hang out with the other two.

Because of both the two guys friendship and also Ari's determination, the boy was getting along with everything. Jimin was the closest to Taehyung as a friend, as a brother cause they were both in the same class. In the first days with the new guy, Jimin started to notice sudden random reactions from his friend. Taehyung was startled and gasped whenever he caught a glimpse of his reflection. Jimin was worried about Taehyung. He once questioned about it from him but it wasn't of any use at all. The boy kept it to himself. After about a million attempts, Jimin gave up and let the time solve it.

And yes, he was right, everything was turning to normal. His sudden flinches and startles were stopping. Taehyung was being more and more cheerful and a fun person. It seemed like he has gone over his past. Time flew by, but still, there were mysteries and secrets to be solved.

It has been three years since Taehyung was adopted by Song Ari. Taehyung loved Ari as his mother. After all, she is his true mother. She never let him feel alone, never let him feel miserable. Ari grew up Taehyung like her own son. Both of them were happy together. Today was a special day for Taehyung. Not only because it was the last day of school.

It's the 30th of December.

Kim Taehyung was turning eighteen. His soul was filled with both young and youth. He was grown to be a man who can steer his life on his own. No one would stop him. Or will someone? It's 30th December after all. People are supposed to be happy and celebrate their birthdays. But for him, it was a day he wished that would never come. The truth is, He hated..No, he was scared of 30th December.

"Don't be late Taehyung-ah, I'll be waiting for you" Ari yelled from the kitchen. A smile stretched on his lips. Before strolling out, he entered the kitchen to see what his mother was up to.

A white apron was covering her clothes underneath. Pink stains of the food colouring patched it. She was preparing her son's favourite flavoured cake. Strawberry flavour. Taehyung stepped closer and peeked at the bowl of batter.

"Sweetie I know you don't like celebrating your birthday. But I wanted to bake a cake for you" the woman turned her face towards him. The age was getting into her. Wrinkles were forming in her face. There can be seen grey hair among the pitch-black ones.

Taehyung hugged her from behind without saying anything. He has grown taller than her. When he came to this house he was barely near her shoulder height. It's amusing how hormones affect teenagers. He rested his head on her shoulder. He felt her motherly warmth.

"It's fine Eomma, And it's my favourite. How can I resist" He playfully said and took some batter into his finger to taste it.

"How is it?" Ari chuckled seeing his childish behaviour. To her eyes, he was still her little boy. Sometimes she sees her lost Taehyun from his figure. Ari shrugged off the sudden thought about her long-gone son and heaved a soft sigh.

"It's good as always. You should open a restaurant eomma, Your cooking is mouth-watering" Taehyung sank his finger to the batter again, taking some more of the strawberry flavoured cake mixture.

"Aish, stop sugar-coating me. Now move before you eat all or else there will be nothing left to bake" Ari slightly pushed Taehyung away, not letting him eat more raw batter. Taehyung cheekily smiled and planted a soft kiss on her wrinkled face.