Creepy crawlies

Merciless, I chucked myself into the vent, feeling it suffocate my body. I could just fit through, sliding through it like a worm. Bad fumes inhaled through my nose and choked my sour lungs, rasping for clean air. Cobwebs strung from corner to corner as I quickly brushed a hand through them, shutting my eyes all the creepy crawlies that sprawled around me. Shivers were sent down my spine as I could feel them travelling over my body. I sucked in tight and carried on slithering down the cold vent.

I could hear voices clearer and clearer as I slid my way through the dark vent. It would make creaky noises as if it was going to collapse. I spied a shed of light at the end of the vent passageway as I clambered towards it. I scraped my nails along the slimy walls as the voices became louder and louder. I stopped at the opening on the floor of the vent and peered my eyes down into it. I couldn't see anything through it as the room was dark and the vent was all dusty.

"Well that's not good enough. You know what happens when I don't get my way, right?" The figure shouted. "I don't know anything. Please." Another voice said, shivering. Silence was strung upon the room as I tried to blow all the dust away. A petrifying scream startled me as I held my breath. A villainous laugh rose quietly before fading. I still couldn't see what was happening, but I kept my ear against the vent.

"Want to tell us now?" The evil figure exclaimed, pacing around the room. "I told you..." The other voice panted. "I don't know anything, they moved their location." They groaned in pain. The voices didn't sound very familiar, probably because they were muffled by the sound of large air conditions and creaking of the vents. "Well you and I are going to stay inside this very room until you say something. We're are going to have so much fun!" The figure laughed hysterically, followed by ear piercing high pitched screams.

I cowered my hands over my ears and slowly started to travel further down the vents on hands and knees. 'Who was that?' I pondered around my thoughts. 'The voice seemed recognisable but I couldn't make it out by the sound of the air conditioner. I shook the thoughts out of my head as I slid down a long sloping corridor in the vent, seeing another patch of light in the distance.

"That's cheating you foul fool!" "Accept the fact you can't win brother!" "I want a rematch this second! Then we'll see who can't win!" "Will you keep it down for goodness sake." Voices shrieked from another vent opening in the floor. I peered over it, seeing below me Classic, President and Boastful perched at a table playing cards, while Sylvie was spying at all the security cameras.

'They've realised I've gone.' I thought. "Found them yet?" Boastful shouted, shuffling cards. Sylvie stayed silent, flicking through the screens. "Do you even know how to shuffle?" Classic yelled. "Give me the damn cards. I know how to shuffle of course." President declared, snatching the cards.

I couldn't