[4]

"hello.." Ashley spoke on the phone.

"How many?" Haze asked.

"3.." Ashley replied.

Haze's sigh can be heard from the other side. He is used to this. There is always one day, every month when Ashley gets drunk. And whenever she does, she calls him.

"You in your room?" He asked.

"Yes.." She replied fiddling with her toes, sitting on the couch.

"Stand up, go and wash your face." He ordered and she followed.

"Done." She replied after splashing her face with cold water.

"Open your fridge, drink the cold water." He again ordered and she followed.

"Now sit down.." He said. "On the couch." He continued before Ashley would sit on the floor.

Ashley has quite a good alcohol tolerance. She is most of the time conscious of her surroundings but she's still a bit tipsy right now.

"You know me so well.." She said.

"It's because you haven't changed." He replied and she giggled which made Haze's heart to flutter.

"So what happened..?" He asked even though he knows what she's going to reply.

She always drinks for the same reason and says the same thing.

"I'm so selfish..You call me everyday at 9am and I don't even pick it up. I always call you only when I need something, only when I want to hear your voice. I'm so sorry. It's all my fault." She said the exact words she do every month.

"It's not your fault. It's mine." He says the same words, he always do.

🤍🤍🤍