Chapter 23: Lila

"Adrien: Strengths - popular, trained in combat, intelligent. Weaknesses: sympathetic, trusting, Marinette/Ladybug. Additional information: owner of the cat miraculous, allergic to feathers." Felix read off his book, "Anything to add?"

"Nope," Lila replied, completely disinterested while lying on her bed.

"Ok, moving on. Alix: Strengths - agile, confident. Weaknesses: arrogant, inflexible. Additional information: not known to use a miraculous, akumatized power: time travel, easily angered by other's actions. Did I miss anything?"

"I don't think this is really necessary," Lila yawned, "With Chloe around, these kids are already getting akumatized on a weekly basis."

"True, it's not necessary for akumatizations, but I'd like to find a little helper. Chloe is a likely candidate."

"Don't you think it's a little early for stage two?"

"It's never too early to set things up. Plus, I thought you wanted more than just a plan b."

"All right," She said, rolling her eyes, "Who else could we use? And you don't have to read their whole profile."

"Well, Chloe is my first preference. She'll be easier than some of the others. But Juleka and Nathaniel are options too."

"Juleka and Nathaniel?" Lila laughed, "Good luck with that."

"Oh, ye of little faith. They're both quiet, relatively ignored, and emotionally turbulent. Not to mention they've never been chosen for a miraculous before. Take them in and give them a purpose, and they'll do anything."

"Whatever you say," Lila stood up and looked out the window, "So who do you want to go for?"

"Chloe will be the easiest. Let's start with Juleka and Nathaniel."

"I'll take Nathaniel. I'll leave you to deal with Juleka and Chloe."

"Hold up. Why do I get Chloe?"

"You're the one who wanted her to begin with," She said smugly, "Well, this is getting boring," Lila yawned, "Midnight again?"

"Don't be late."

"Wouldn't dream of it."

Lila wandered around the city, trying to figure out where Nathaniel would spend his time after school. She was just turning the corner when she saw Adrien and Marinette walking hand in hand out of the movie theater. They were so busy with each other that they hadn't noticed Lila. Perfect, she thought to herself. Quickly taking a photo, she headed on to the park. With any luck, someone there would know where to find Nathaniel, or even better, Nathaniel would be there himself.

"Ivan!" She called out, running to catch up with Ivan, who was walking through the park, "Hey! How are you?"

"I'm good," he grunted, "Do you need something?"

"No, I just wanted to say hi," then acting as if it were a sudden realization, "Oh! Would you happen to know where Nathaniel is? I was going to ask him for help with something earlier today but never got the chance."

"Well, he might be at the tower. He likes to draw there sometimes. Other than that, I wouldn't know."

"Thank you so much, Ivan. Have a good day!" She said as she walked away. It wasn't much to go on, but it was all she had.

Thankfully, Ivan's information proved useful. Nathaniel was sitting on the first level, drawing something. As she got closer, Lila made out Marinette's outline and Nathaniel as Evilastrator.

"Nathaniel?" She said quietly. Despite her best efforts, he still jumped at the broken silence.

"Oh.. uh.. hi, Lila. Can I help you?"

"Actually, I think you can. Mind if I sit?"

"Uh, go ahead."

"Thanks. Anyway, I was going to ask if you could teach me how to draw."

"What?"
"I'm serious. You've got talent. Oh! Is that Marinette?"

"Y-yeah," He said, his face turning a brighter red than his hair, "It's dumb, I know."

"No, I think it's sweet, but it must hurt to know she's with someone else."

"She's with someone else?" His voice quivered.

"Personally, I think she'd be better off with you, but it's no surprise she fell for him. I mean, he's attractive, smart, popular. Oh! No, no, no, I'm sorry. Please don't cry, Nathaniel."