Chapter 19: Lila

"You're sure they came back?" Lila asked, annoyed after waiting on Marinette's roof for hours.

"You doubt me?" Felix asked, equally annoyed by the wait, "Darling, they're trying to bring back the dead. I'm sure it'll take a while."

"So this isn't just a ploy to spend time with me?" She asked sarcastically.

"No, just a happy accident. Hey!" He shouted as Lila punched his arm.

"Yeah, mom!" she heard Marinette yell from just outside the door, "Just let me clean up a bit first!"

"Get ready," She whispered. They both transformed and waited anxiously.

Marinette opened the door to her room and put her bag on the floor. After unpacking and putting away all of her clothes, she pulled out the miraculous box.

"I thought you said you set the trap?" Zenith whispered.

"Just give it a minute, pretty boy."

Marinette was hanging from the ceiling not a second later, and the miraculous box fell to the floor. Volpina and Zenith dropped down from the skylight, triumphantly walking toward the box.

"Lila! Felix!" Marinette yelled, "Stay away from the box!"

"You lose, Marinette," malice dripping from Volpina's words. She picked up the box and stepped back to Zenith's side, enjoying Marinette's pitiful state.

"He-" Marinette started to yell.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," Zenith cut her off.

"You wouldn't want this getting out, would you?" Volpina asked smugly, "Just sit tight. Adrien will be here in a few hours," After a couple seconds of silence, "Mirage," Volpina transformed the room, concealing Marinette in the illusion.

Volpina and Zenith left Marinette's room and went straight to Lila's house, detransforming once they were inside. Lila smiled with satisfaction as she put the box on her bed. She opened the box, and her eyes widened as over a dozen miraculous revealed themselves.

"So," Felix said from behind her, "take your pick. Unless you want to keep with the fox?"

"No," She replied after a moment's contemplation, "Hawk Moth and Mayuara struck fear in the hearts of everyone in Paris. So I say we carry on the tradition," She concluded, picking up the butterfly and pinning it under her jacket.

Felix took the peacock miraculous, pinning it under his vest, "Not perfect," he said after examining himself, "but it'll work."

"What about the other ones?" Lila asked.

"Keep them here. Who knows, we may make some friends."

"I doubt that. Glasses back in the box," Lila ordered, returning the fox miraculous to its place as she spoke.

"Get some rest," Felix said as he gave up the glasses and walked toward the door, "I'll be back at midnight."

"Midnight?"

"For our debut, of course," Felix left the room before Lila had a chance to ask any more questions.

A few minutes before midnight, Felix walked into Lila's room. She was holding a jar with a white butterfly in it.

"So, what's the plan?" Lila asked as she stood up from her bed.

"Chaos."

"That's it?"

"Hawk Moth got what he wanted in part because of your chaos. You managed to cause irreversible damage. That's their weakness. Hit hard. Hit fast, and run."

"Well, we still have to wait for strong enough emotions before akumatizing anyone."

"Oh, that won't be a problem. I already have someone in mind."

Lila rolled her eyes as she transformed. Felix transformed, and they both took a minute to examine their new disguises. Lila took the butterfly out of the jar and watched it turn black as she infused it with hatred. Felix did the same with a feather from his fan.

"Who am I after?" Lila asked.

"Kagami Tsurugi," He said, "You know her?"

"Not personally, but I should be able to find her."

Lila sent the akuma out her open window along with Felix's feather. A few minutes later, they found Kagami sitting on her bed, tears rolling down her cheeks. The akuma entered her ring, and the feather entered her phone. The purple outline of a butterfly glowed around her eyes.

"Vindicta, I am Argenti. I'm giving you the power to get vengeance on those who hurt you, no strings attached."

"Vindicta, I am Tenebris. I offer you a friend to aid you in your quest. Will you accept our gifts?"

"With pleasure. No one will escape my rage."