• 4 •

It felt incomplete not being beside each other. That was what they felt.

After that day, Jungkook did not show up anymore in the forest. Taehyung felt disappointed when he waited for a whole day for Jungkook to appear in front of him again. He waited for days, but Jungkook did not meet him after that. He felt cold now, but he was not eating ice cream.

Then, he realized it was not the ice cream all along. He had not felt that warm feeling for a while now. Was the warm feeling because of the happiness from being Jungkook's friend? Taehyung did not know, but he was starting to miss the other.

Taehyung has so many thoughts again. He really felt loved when he was with Jungkook last time. The other made a way for Taehyung to realize his beauty. He felt so vulnerable under that touch. The touch of that flower still lingers on his skin.

Did Taehyung do anything that made the other regret his decision? Was Taehyung that bad? Did his story shake him off too much? Did he see the scar Taehyung had and scare him off?

Taehyung knew all these thoughts were senseless because it will all be unanswered without Jungkook. He had questions and he only need one thing to get his answers.

Taehyung brought a box of ice cream with him this time. His mission was to go to the orphanage where Jungkook might be. He did not know for sure, but it is worth the try.

When he entered the land of the orphanage, every single angel turned to him. He stood out, of course. It was hard not to notice him. Aside from the beauty he holds, he was wearing black clothes; contrast to the white clothes angels had.

He gulped. He knew he was risking his life. This was the only time he made himself close to angels aside from Jungkook; but that was ignored by Taehyung. His only goal was to see Jungkook.

His eyes widen when angels started to run to him for an attack. Who would not attack a demon standing on a forbidden territory? He had no options left. Those angels will hunt him down even if he fly away now.

He closed his eyes for the impact he was supposed to be expecting. He never thought of what would happen to him if an angel really touched him. What would he feel? Will he float away? Will he be set on fire? This moment was like the situations humans told him about. Your life will pass by you during your remaining seconds.

Taehyung did not know, but one thing was for sure. He felt nothing. He smiled mostly to himself. He was a horrible angel and a bad demon, but this does not feel like the punishment he was dreading for.

He opened his eyes to see what would the next world awaits him. He promised to himself that he will do anything to be great again.

He saw a pair of white wings. Was he in heaven again? Did God forgive his sins and accept him back? He did not really thought he will be an angel again, but just like what was said earlier, he will do everything to be great again, no matter what he became: human, angel, or demon.

"Jungkook, step away from the demon." He heard.

Jungkook

Taehyung cares about Jungkook. Out of all the ones Taehyung had, he did not expect that he will do this for Jungkook. Taehyung did not know what he thought of when he came to the orphanage. Deep down, it was Jungkook; that one angel who believed in him. Everything was for Jungkook. He did not want to lose Jungkook even if that means he will lose himself.

Taehyung did not know a lot of things, and those things are not guaranteed.

"No." Jungkook's voice brought him back to reality.

Taehyung was still standing there in front of the orphanage. The box he was carrying earlier was on the ground now because he lost his grip due to his uncertainty. What surprised him the most was Jungkook was standing in front of him, protecting him from his own kind.