Chapter 2

A/N: Some of these scenes up until Towa and Mira enter this moment in time are from the Battle of Gods movie. While they aren't word for word, credit goes to Akira Toriyama, Funimation, and the rest of the guys that created this great movie for the plot.

Age 778, August 18: Battle of Gods Movie/Saga
Beerus' Planet

Alarm clocks explode, causing a loud commotion. For many other people, something like this would be a terrifying, but effective, and maybe too effective alarm. But when you're the God of Destruction Beerus, who also happens to be a deep sleeper, something like this is his normal everyday alarm.

His attendant and trainer Whis enters the castle where Beerus is sleeping.

"Lord Beerus it's time to wake up!" Whis said. Beerus' ears twitched at the sound of Whis' voice.

"And don't fall back asleep please! I'd hate for you to sleep through one of your backup alarms. Need I remind you that it was you yourself that set an alarm for this time." Whis said. Another alarm hourglass, presumably the backup alarm Whis mentioned exploded.

"Fine Whis. I'm up." Beerus said as he was still lying down in his pedestal, eyes closed.

Whis sighed. "I just don't want you sleeping 15 years too late and waking up groggy like the last time. But... if you require some more coddling. Allow me to sing you a song." Whis clears his throat, gets a microphone and starts to sing. Although it was horrible singing, Whis did this intentionally, knowing that his horrible singing would annoy Beerus enough to wake him up.

"WHIS I SAID I'M UP!" Beerus shouted.

"But it's so cozy." He says as he falls and descends from rock to rock, sliding to fall on each lower rock.

After falling on the bottom he stretches, yawns, then licks his right arm and rubs his face with the same arm. As he continues rubbing, he says, "To count as truly restful slumber I need at least 50 years of sleep. 39 is just a cat nap.

"Lord Beerus again, it was you that choose this wake up time. And if I may why did you choose this exact time?" Whis asked.

"There's something I need to check for myself." Beerus answered, eyes finally open.

"Well in any case I prepared a bath for you. Go on before the water gets cold."

"I'd rather not. You know how much I hate baths." Beerus said, before using his left foor to rub the back of his left ear.

"Lord Beerus, you're covered in soot from those explosions. And I'm sure you've got mold in your ears. Now." Whis said, in a tone that said "What I said is final and nothing will change that."

Lord Beerus rubs the same ear again.

"And what if I refuse?" Beerus asked.

"Beerus the Destroyer may be powerful but boy does he stink up a room." Whis said, covering his nose. "Next they'll call you the Destroyer of Noses." Whis said, smiling.

Beerus turns his head to look at Whis. "Your pitiful attempts at humor make me want to go back to sleep. Maybe I should destroy you next." He said, grinning.

In the aquarium, Beerus is seen eating as Whis continues to prepare more food and drinks for him.

"I'm curious Whis, while I enjoyed my slumber, did that upstart Frieza destroy Planet Vegeta for me?" Beerus asked.

"Yes. Without a trace in fact." Whis said.

"Splendid. Good to hear it." Beerus says as he holds a fork with meat in it in his hand. As he continues to talk, he waves it.