Chapter 2

Wanda walked into the gym at her usual practice time. She had put on her normal black exercise leggings and red workout tank top. Natasha, never one to be late, walked through the doors a few moments after Wanda.

“Change of plans, Maximoff. Today we start your magic training.” Wanda frowned at Natasha’s comfortable clothes. She had opted for a more casual option of cotton leggings and a Stark Industries t-shirt.

“Thanks for giving me the memo beforehand,” Wanda continued frowning, wishing she was also able to wear clothing more similar to Natasha’s current outfit.

“Hey, you gotta be prepared to do things without notice. In the field you never know when something will pop up,” Natasha explained.

“That sounds like a poor excuse for someone who just wants to see me suffer,” Wanda finished, quirking an eyebrow at her friend.

“Well, perhaps there was some of that sprinkled in there too,” She smirked, before continuing. “Now, we don’t know much about your powers beyond what you already have done. You can make a protective shield, extract substances from the air, carry an extreme amount of weight, read minds, and access people’s worst fears. We want to focus on those last two parts for now.”

Natasha began walking out of the gym. Wanda followed, unsure of where she was leading her but trusting her enough to follow without question.

“My best guess as to where to start would be to start with the basics. In order for you to do that, it may get a little uncomfortable for you so I want to make sure you are as comfortable as we can get you before we delve into it.”

Natasha continued walking, leading Wanda to the elevator and proceeding to tell FRIDAY to take them to the common area on their floor.

“What do you mean by uncomfortable? And if you wanted me completely comfortable beforehand, you would let me wear clothes like yours,” Wanda questioned as they rose between floors.

“Maybe I just like to keep you on your toes,” Natasha smirked. “You can change once we reach our floor, but I swear if this is an excuse to lock yourself in your room and not practice your powers, I’m making you run laps tomorrow, Maximoff,” she finished as the doors opened.

“I promised I’ll do it. I won’t back out of it, just give me a few minutes to change and I’ll be back, hard ass,” Wanda stated, walking past Natasha out of the elevator doors and strutting to her room.

Natasha smirked and sat on one of the couches in the common area. No one lived on this floor besides Natasha and Wanda at the moment. Carol also had a room on the floor, but she was usually doing whatever it was she did in space, so the group preferred to gather in the common area on the main floor where the rest of the team was housed. That was why Natasha had chosen this area. She wanted an open space that would make Wanda feel at ease, yet nothing as personal as her bedroom in case something went wrong during practice and she ended up associating the room with the accident. There was also no risk of someone walking in on them.

Wanda walked out of her room a few minutes later looking much more relaxed in a pair of sweatpants, a t-shirt, and a flannel along with her hair pulled up in a messy bun.

“Better?” Natasha asked as Wanda took a seat a foot away from where Natasha was currently residing.

“Much,” Wanda stated, settling into her seat.

“Good. So what I was saying before you left to change was we need to start at the beginning and go from there. How did Hydra teach you to enter people’s minds?” Natasha questioned.