𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋

❝ 너의 편지 |YOUR LETTER ❞

It was one of those days after the spring ended, when I received a parcel at my doorstep.

It was signed anonymously

I never received a parcel from anyone in my whole life, then why now? That's what I thought.

I opened the box, only to find withered daffodils kept inside it, along with a letter and a small velvet box.

That's when I realized, it was from you.

" Why are you sending me these, instead of coming back to me, huh ?" I mumbled as the tears broke free from my eyes.

I didn't want to open your letter after seeing those withered daffodils

But I still opened it with my trembling hands.

And I still wish, I never opened that in first place.

*****

Hey love,

So, you got this letter finally. Though I never wanted to send this to you, but I had to do this for your sake. Don't wait for me, I won't be there when you'll be reading this letter. Don't cry for me anymore, I won't be able to come back to you. You know I love you, right? So, promise me you won't go back to your past life again after I'm gone.

You know what, I never told you this, but I knew you from even before we met in the café. Even before the night you saw me dancing in that hall. Oh well, I knew you were standing there, but I didn't have the courage to approach you.

I saw you for the first time in that same park where I confessed. You were crying that day. I had been watching you ever since that day, and you always looked so sad. That night, when you finally noticed me, I decided to go talk to you the next day at all costs. But I couldn't come. That day, I suddenly collapsed and was taken to the hospital. And that's when I was diagnosed with brain tumor.

Life is so unpredictable, right? I was miserable, my all dreams were shattered, and I didn't have much time left. So, I decided to spend my rest of time with you because I knew it would be my last chance. I'm sorry for keeping this from you, but I only wanted to see you smile till my last breath.

I'm sorry for leaving you so soon, but I'm happy at least you can live with my heart. I want you to smile whenever you'll remember me. You can cry sometimes, but don't cry too much, yeah?
Please take care of my heart, my love.

Dancing was my dream, you know how much I loved to dance, right? I wanted to see you dancing with my own eyes, but I couldn't do that in this life, so I want to see you dancing from up there. Now I want you to fulfill that dream for me, you'll do that, right?

I sent you a ring as well, did you like it? I wanted to gift you that when I was still there with you, but I didn't get a chance. Although, I didn't know you will be receiving it like this. Those daffodils must be withered by now, but I sent them as my farewell to you. You need to move on from me, yeah? The world is so vast and beautiful, and I want you to explore it all. When I'll see you after a long-long time in the afterlife again, I'll smile at you and tell you that you've lived well. I'll love you forever.

Goodbye love,
Yours Hobi