Friend Zoned

Y/N grabbed her phone to text Hyunjin.

My OOGLY BOOGLY 😻

Hey Hyunjin! I was wondering
if you could come over today! There
is something I need to tell you :))

Yeah sure! Just give me a
minute or two.

__________

Y/N and Hyunjin have been best friends for years now. She was finally going to confess her feelings for him. Hyunjin only lived about five minutes away from her house, so they were in walking distance from each other.

Y/N threw her phone on their bed and starting putting on her makeup. Y/N only used natural makeup because that's just how she liked her look: simple.

Y/N finished just in time because when she did, she heard the doorbell ring. Hyunjin! Y/N, no matter how many times they had seen each other, was always excited to see Hyunjin. He gave her butterflies.

Y/N rushed down the stairs to see her mom had already answered the door. Y/N's mom was a tall, slim, and beautiful lady.

She was the manager at McDonalds too, but that didn't change the fact that people thought she was hot. She opened the door.

"Why hello Hyunjin! Are you here to see Y/N?" She asked smiling. Hyunjin just stared at her in awe.

This was Y/N's obstacle: her mom.

Hyunjin had feelings for her mom.

Hyunjin gulped. "Yes ma'am. I'm here for Y/N."

"I think she is in her roo- never mind! There she is!" Y/N's mom pointed to her at the bottom of the stairs where Y/N sat. "Why don't you come in Hyunjin! Make yourself at home."

Hyunjin rushed over to Y/N. He coughed slightly to clear his throat. "Hey! So what do you want to do?"

Y/N grabbed Hyunjin's hand and dragged him upstairs to their room. They sat criss cross apple sausce style on her bed. "Hyunjin I have something to tell yo-"

"Yeah I know! But I have something to tell you too.!Can I please go first?" Y/N was a little mad about Hyunjin cutting her off mid sentence, but she nodded. "My dear Y/N, we have been through so much together. All through out high school. And now it's our senior year! Can you believe that?! I just want us to promise something. That we can be best friends forever. Nothing more, nothing less!" He put out his pinky and smiled. Y/N smiled back at him and interlocked her pinky with his.

"Promise." She said, trying not to cry. She was going to confess to him. But now she had promised to be nothing more than best friends.

"Now what did you have to tell me, sweetheart?"

"Oh! Uh...! It's more of something I need to ask you!" Y/N really didn't know what to say anymore.

"Hm..?"

"DO HAVE A CRUSH ON MY MOM?!"

. . .

Hyunjin was in shock by the question, but after a moment, he burst out laughing.

"W-What's so funny?! I see the way you look at her and blush!" Y/N argued, but Hyunjin just kept wheezing.

"No! Of course I don't Y/N! What do you take me for?! A teenage boy that's into milfs?! I do have my eyes on a few someones though..." Hyunjin calmed himself down and sighed.

"Huh?! Spill!" Y/N was intrigued. She leaned forward toward him to listen.

"I'll tell you one! He's in our grade. His name is Yang Jeongin." He whispered.

Y/N felt reaaaally stupid now. HE'S GAY. Now she knew he'd never go out with her. "YOURE GAY?!???!! AND YOU DIDNT TELL ME THIS BEFORE YOU TOLD ME WHO YOU LIKE??!!?!!"

"Y/N. I'm NOT gay. I'm half gay. I'm bi."

. . .

"Oh okay."

Y/N was happy. Maybe she had a chance still. Promises are made to be broken, after all.