Chapter 1: First Into the line of fire!

Anglo-French Land Bridge
September 1, 1940 

A familiar German Field Marshal, Erwin Rommel looks at his watch. "6:59." The Invasion will soon begin." He said under his breath. He looks to his division from his Tank and looks to Germany's finest Panzers. "What will this invasion be?" He thinks to himself. He once again looks to his watch, "7 o'clock. Radio the Panzers. Let the invasion begin."

British border crossing

It was a quiet afternoon on the British side of the land bridge. With fog obscuring whatever was ahead of them. The British were on high alert, waiting for a surprise attack from the Jerrys. The men were eager to put a bullet into an unlucky sod. But they heard the sounds of planes approaching. Not a T̶e̶a̶-̶d̶r̶o̶p̶p̶e̶r̶  British bomber. But German ones.

The Air raid alarm blared throughout the base waking up some of the sleepy officers.

"Could they just let us sleep eh?" Commented a

The British men ran to the various Bofors guns scattered throughout the outpost. They start spewing flak rounds into the air as they attempt to bring down the German bombers. Then the bombs fell. The Bombs were raining down on the Brits trying to shoot them down as best they can though they unsuccessfully brought anything down.

"Kill count?" The Officer asked

"No sir. We didn't bring anything down." Said a spotter resting after the attack.

The Officer simply swore, "For feck sakes, who trained you all?"

At that point, they heard the sound of rumbling engines.

"Germans! And they got armour!" Yelled a Soldier.

The alarm once again blared.

"At least let us rest ya bloody Wankers!" Swore the same officer.

A shell then hits a building then they saw the Onslaught of seemingly never-ending panzers.

"GET ME A FECKING ARTILLERY BARRAGE ON OUR POSITION!" Commanded the Officer

"Y-yes, sir!"

__________________

"Driver stop! Load APCR! Take out that Heavy tank! Fire when ready!" Shouted the Commander

"Loaded! Loaded! Loaded!" Said the Loader.

The Gunner looked through his gun sight eventually found the Valentine tank. He squeezed the trigger and out came an AP shell. The shell flew through the air hitting its prize, a Valentine tank's mantle. It pierced the British tank's Mantlet and knocked it out.

"Haha! That's our 5th one! We're a Tank ace now!" Celebrated the driver.

"It's too early to celebrate Hauptman! Now, drive! Los Los!"

"Roger that sir, I'm going."

The Panzer 3 then rumbled to a start. Proceeding to its next objective. But what they

"COMMANDER! MAGE! MAGE! MAGE! AHEAD OF US!"

"BRACE FOR AT!"

__________________

Mages from the 1st Battalion Magicians 'Special ones' dismounted from their trucks and rushed to aid their comrades.

"Ah, good to see you boys showed up!" Said the Officer.

"No problem Deckingham! What do we do?"  Asked the Captain.

"Shoot whatever you have in that staff of yours and destroy those Panzers!" Ordered Deckingham.

"Right!" The Mage chanted his spell and gritted his teeth as he stood up.

"GERMAN ENGINEERING MY FUCKING ARSE!" He cast his spell emitting a neon circle from his staff and fired a cyan neon beam into the Panzer blowing it up and throwing its turret into the air.

"Give me a potion damn it! I'm out of mana!" Ordered the Captain.

"You gave it to poor jerry!" Commented Deckingham.

"Yes! Yes, I bloody did!"

But just then a friendly Artillery shell hits the group. blowing up the Captain's legs and knocking out or killing several others.

"MEDIC! GET ME A FUCKING MEDIC!" Yelled a Soldier as he tried his best to tend to the legless Captain.

A Mage rushed over.

"Come on Kurwitz! Don't die on me now!" The mage said.

He cast a healing spell causing his legs to rapidly grow back and waking up the Captain.

"Shit. Maybe I should learn that spell." He said as he got up. He then started firing at the Germans amidst the Chaotic barrage of Artillery bullets and Panzers. 

"Sir! Sir! Command wants you to pull back to the second outpost!" Said the Radio Operator.

"Right right. Get to the fucking Lorries! Retreat!" He commanded as a nearby Valentine exploded.

"You heard the Captain, Lawrence! get into the Lorry!" Shouted Kurwitz blowing up an 'invincible' German tank.

The Lorry fired up as it drove away although not for long as a tank shell hit the Lorry blowing in flames.

Churchhill's Office

"Prime Minister?"

"Yes, yes, come in," Churchill said stamping another paper.

"Well, sir, the Germans are invading."

"What? The USSR?" Asked Churchill.

"No, us."

"Bollocks."