Dungeon Dragon - Chapter 3

Phil’s POV

Bex,

First of all, sorry I didn’t show up today. I hope you can understand that I can’t come see you. I’m sorry I can’t explain why right now but you have to believe me that I don’t want to hurt you. I never meant to raise your hopes up. I just can’t come even if I really want to. I’m sorry.

Phil

I really didn’t know what to say. How can I tell her I can’t go to see her? I can’t even try to explain it to myself. I swear to God I can’t take it that she’s hurt. I’m so sorry Bex. I’m such a jerk and I can’t do anything to help you.

Rebecca’s POV

Dammit Phil! I waited for you for so long! I was there even when my shift was over. I can’t believe I waited for hours! I didn’t know what I was mad at; myself or the fact that Phil didn’t show up and was now asking for an apology? I didn’t even understand his email. What do you mean you can’t explain why?

Why can’t he understand I needed my friend? I’ve just became Ellen’s slave, for crying out loud! What the hell is the matter with you, Phil?! Tears started to form in my eyes.

“Rebecca!” Aunt Penny called me.

“Not now Aunt Penny!” I answered.

I heard loud footsteps coming.

“What do you mean ‘not now’?! Get your ass off your bed and buy me some beer!” She bellowed.

I am so not in the mood for my aunt’s crappy attitude. I deliberately walked out of the door slowly. OUCH!  Aunt Penny pulled my hair and slammed my head against the wooden wall of my bedroom.

“You better get that beer fast, honey,” she hissed at my ear.

**That night**

I couldn’t help it. I was crying. I didn’t care that I looked so terrible and I had snot on my face.

Phil,

I’m sorry. I’m not mad anymore. I just can’t take it. Aunt Penny is too much! I feel like crap. Why is everything going wrong? First, Ellen makes me her freaking slave then you don’t show up when I expected you to (not that I’m still mad at you) and I go home and I have Aunt Ellen yelling at me and slamming my head on the wall. I still have a small bump from that. I try to think positive but I can’t even be optimistic with all this happening to me. Save me?

Bex

**The next day**

I heard a lot of people whispering as I entered the school. There were a lot of kids by the bulletin board. I wonder what could grab everyone’s attention this drab morning.

MISSING

Pierce, Mary Ellen; 17