Heartbreaker Pt. 1

"No (Y/N), we are over." Matthew looks away from me. His bright brown eyes loosing contact with my dark brown eyes. I stood for a couple seconds, letting those three words sink into my mind. The three words I had feared of hearing from him. My arms were crossed in front of my chest, I was now looking in the reflection of the window, only so I could see his face. It seemed as if he didn't even feel pain, hurt, regret. What was once his bright brown eyes, turned dark. I took a couple steps towards his body, trying not to be annoying to him.
"Can't we just talk this out??" I grab his shoulder.
"WHAT IS THERE TO TALK ABOUT? ITS AS SIMPLE AS I DONT LOVE YOU ANYMORE." His figure still turned away from mine. I back away, not wanting to believe anything that is happening, is happening. My back hits a wall and I slide down to the floor, burying my face into my knees. I grasp by hands onto my legs and cry silently into my lap.

This isn't supposed to be happening. But stuff happens, right? I mean people told me he was gonna hurt me. But I refused to listen, as I thought I could make something out of this. I did for a while, but it just got thrown away.

I got up and stomped my feet to let him know I was mad.
"MATTHEW, I PUT MY LIFE ON HOLD FOR YOU FOR 3 YEARS. YOURE GONNA THROW IT AWAY LIKE THAT? I WASTED 3 YEARS ON YOU. I SKIPPED SO MUCH OF MY TIME FOR YOU." I scream to his back. He turns around, his face as red as a tomato. He pushes me onto the bed, he leans down and slowly kisses me for the last time. So I thought. His hands find their way on my waist. He hovers over my body, kissing my neck gently. As soon as things were gonna happen, he gets off the bed, his eyes turning sad.
"I'm sorry (Y/N), but it is what it is." And with that, he left the house. The thing is, is that I have nobody. No friends. No family. He was all I had, he kept me safe. He made me feel complete.

I was a singer, songwriter. I loved to sing and at the moment, lyrics were popping into my head. I instantly grab notebook paper and a pen and write down;

"Ohh...Ohhh....uh...

Lately I've been thinkin',
Thinkin' bout what we had,
I know it was hard,
It was all that we knew, yeah

Have you been drinkin'
To take all the pain away?
I wish that I could give you what you deserve...

'Cause nothing can ever,
Ever replace you.
Nothing can make me feel like you do, yeah.
You know there's no one
I can relate to.
And know we won't find a love that's so true...

There's nothing like us,
There's nothing like you and me,
Together through the storm.
There's nothing like us,
There's nothing like you and me,
Together, oh

I gave you everything, baby,
Everything I had to give.
Boy, why would you push me away, yeah?
Lost in confusion,
Like an illusion,
You know I'm used to making your day...

But that is the past now,
We didn't last now,
I guess that this is meant to be, yeah...
Tell me, was it worth it?
We were so perfect.
But, baby, I just want you to see...

There's nothing like us,
There's nothing like you and me,
Together through the storm.
There's nothing like us,
There's nothing like you and me,
Together, oh

There's nothing like us,
There's nothing like you and me,
Together through the storm.
There's nothing like us,
There's nothing like you and me,
Together, oh..."

My tears were flooding down my cheeks and onto my bed. My sobbing became into wheezing. I can't take it. I can't take the hurt and pain. The feeling of emptiness and hopelessness. I get the strength to get myself out of bed, and I make my way to the living room. My guitar was in the living room. As my tears fall, I finally find the tune to my song. I had an idea. I'm gonna save myself, I'm gonna make something of myself. I sit on my bed, singing the song over and over again. I get dressed and make my way to a nearby park. I sit out by the biggest tree in the park and I start singing and strumming my guitar.

Ohh...Ohhh....uh...

"Lately I've been thinkin',
Thinkin' bout what we had,
I know it was hard,
It was all that we knew, yeah"

The tears were coming back, blurring my vision. I close my eyes, letting them fall but letting the music take over my emotions.

"Have you been drinkin'
To take all the pain away?
I wish that I could give you what you deserve...

'Cause nothing can ever,
Ever replace you.
Nothing can make me feel like you do, yeah.
You know there's no one
I can relate to.
And know we won't find a love that's so true...

There's nothing like us,
There's nothing like you and me,
Together through the storm.
There's nothing like us,
There's nothing like you and me,
Together, oh

I gave you everything, baby,
Everything I had to give.
Girl, why would you push me away, yeah?
Lost in confusion,
Like an illusion,
You know I'm used to making your day...

But that is the past now,
We didn't last now,
I guess that this is meant to be, yeah...
Tell me, was it worth it?
We were so perfect.
But, baby, I just want you to see...

There's nothing like us,
There's nothing like you and me,
Together through the storm.
There's nothing like us,
There's nothing like you and me,
Together, oh

There's nothing like us,
There's nothing like you and me,
Together through the storm.
There's nothing like us,
There's nothing like you and me,
Together, oh..."

Before I knew it, I had a whole audience watching me. They figured I was done singing and most of them left. As I put my guitar away, a tap on my shoulder distracts my thoughts and actions.

"Um, excuse me?" A woman says shyly. I turn around and greet her with a smile.
"Oh, hi!" I shake her hand and she smiles politely.
"What's your name?" She asks.
"(Your full name)! What is your name as well?" I chuckle.
"My name is Kara Hemmings." Her eyes lighten up. I smile at her.
"It's very nice to meet you!!" I grin. I turn back around and gather my things, and take a few steps towards the direction of my house.
"You have talent!" She yells. I stop immediately and turn back around, I drop my stuff and walk back to her. I hug her tightly, wanting to feel wanted. She doesn't do anything for a couple seconds but she then hugs me. I start whimpering and crying into her shoulder. Her grip on my waist gets tighter and she caresses my back.
"I have to go, but what's your number?" She says quietly. I give her my number, and with that she walks away.