Chapter 3

As Sonic returned home that night, he knew he was going to have a hard time. He'd been with Amy for a long time, so parting ways so suddenly was going to be tough. He walked up to the door, knowing what he must do.

... thirty minutes later ...

"I just don't understand!" Amy cried, mascara melting down her face. "How can you leave me for an OGRE? Ogres are so UGLY! I'm not THAT ugly, am I?"

"I'm sorry Amy, sometimes these things just happen." Sonic apologized. "I wish I could be with you, but I truly feel like I belong with Shrek. There's just something about his smooth, shiny, green skin that I find so appealing. I am truly sorry and wish you the best."

Amy ran out of the room, sobbing. Sonic knew to leave her alone, so he decided to go for a walk. During that walk, he reflected on he and Amy's relationship. During that walk, several thoughts cascaded through his head. Thoughts like "how do I know I'm doing the right thing?" And "Would I truly be happiest with Shrek instead of Amy?".

After about 45 minutes of walking he returned home, only to find all his stuff on the lawn with a note attached.

"If you and your new ogre boyfriend are truly meant to be, I hope you don't mind moving to his smelly old swamp!

- Amy Rose"