[#3]

HIS MIND TELLS

----- 1 YEAR LATER -----

Cleo's POV.

I am on my way to Arxe's house. I missed her so damn much; it's sad that she didn't get to attend my graduation.

I opened up their gate and went to the door. As I entered, I saw Tita preparing a tray with bandages, cotton, and medicine on it.

"What's wrong, Tita?" I asked.

"Si Zarxenne, sumasakit nanaman ang likod n'ya dahil sa mga pakpak." She explained, and suddenly, a loud cry echoed through the house.

Tumakbo ako paakyat sa kwarto ni Arxe; pagbukas ko ng pinto ay bumungad sa'kin ang makalat na kwarto n'ya. A lot of black feathers were lying on the ground. Arxe's on her bed, lying down and loudly crying. Her back is facing me; it is full of blood.

Tumayo s'ya ng kama, and she ran towards me. She hugged me tight, sobbing.

"I missed you!" She said while still crying.

~~~

Tita told me the truth... Umakyat ulit ako ng kwarto ni Arxe.

I had already cleaned her room; she fell asleep from all the crying that she did. Pumasok si tita ng kwarto, dala-dala ang tray ng mga gamot at panlinis ng sugat. Tita is cleaning her wounds while I'm watching her sleep peacefully. Kung napa-aga lang sana ako ng pag-uwi. I caress her cheeks and look at her eyes. I want to take care of her for the rest of my life.

"Anak, pwede bang samahan mo s'ya sa probinsya?" Tita asked while cleaning Arxe's wounds.

"Sure tita." I answered.

"It's the best that I can do for her; she'll be safe there with her grandparents. Ilang araw na s'yang nagkaka-ganito. Gabi gabi umiiyak from all the pain that she's experiencing. I tried again, you know. I examined her wings to know what I could do more, but her wings are too big and strong. A simple scalpel won't cut through it." Tita explained.

I know Tita's tired. She's giving her all just to protect and save Arxe from all the judgments and pain, but who knows how much she has given?

~~~

"Morning!" Arxe said as she stretched and her wings followed. A lot of feathers fell to the ground.

"Kakalinis ko lang." I said.

"Ay, sorry..." She said and smiles.

I immediately grabbed her hand before she stepped out of the room.

"Be my girl." I instantly said.

Napaatras s'ya sa sinabi ko.

"What are you saying?" She asked and gave me a confused look.

"I said, be my girlfriend." I repeated.

She gave me a confused look as she tilted her head from the side. She chuckles and slowly removes my hand from holding her.

"I don't understand you." She said.

"Be my girlfriend." I uttered.

"Give me a valid reason why you want me to be your girlfriend." She asks with sass.

"I want to take care of you. I want you to be with me for the rest of my life. I want to marry you. I want to protect you from the world. I think that's the best thing I can do for you. I love you... I don't know when it started, but I can't stop thinking of you. Maybe this is my selfish side. I don't know, but it annoys me whenever you show your smile to anyone else instead of me. I want to have a family with you." I explained. She's still looking at me with her soulful eyes, waiting for my words.

"This life isn't special without you. I don't f*cking care if you're different. I don't f*cking care if you have wings. Words can't tell how much I love you. Life is full of pain, so I will give you my comfort. I'll let you fly so you can have peace; I'll give you time to let you do things; I'll give you space to give you privacy, and the only thing you'll do for me is to stay with me for the rest of my life." I added. She looks at me with her wondering eyes, chuckling.

"I will love you even if the world is against us." I said.

"Arxe, I love you, and I want you to be my girlfriend." I continued.

"Ang cute mo mag confess." She smiled at me.

"We'll talk later, kain muna tayo breakfast please." She said while smiling at me. She's about to go out, but I really can't help myself.

I grabbed her by the waist and brought her in. I closed my eyes and gently kissed her lips. I want her and her alone. Ever since Arxe, ever since... Ever since you came, you have always been the light that shines on me. I graduated, and I did this all for you. I want you, and I want to be with you until we reach our dreams together.

TO BE CONTINUED...