Chapter Two: Glitch

" SARANAIA! Up, up, up its a Be-e-eautiful morning and you have schhoooollll!!!" My mother sang from the kitchen. I popped my head out groggily from my underneath my covers. An amazing smell of pancakes came from downstairs.

THUMP THUMP.

"All right, all right I'm coming!"
Monday, nooooooooo. It was Friday only a few minutes ago, I swear! If I ever get friendly with the President, I will make him banish Mondays. All they do is lurk around and depress people on a weekly basis.

Threw on the first thing I could find and slid down the swirly banisters. I was nearly at the bottom, when Hope ( my annoying 4 year old lil sis) saw me and decided to copy me. I sensed a being-knocked-of-the-banisters-and-getting-a-concussion problemo. As I hit the bottom I lept off and was about to walk away, but Hope came dying down and jumped onto my back, knocking me to the floor.

" OUCH! Hope, what do you eat these days, your sooooooo heavy!!

She just giggled and skipped of. And Mum asks me way I spend most of the time in my room.

After brekky and all the boring getting ready stuff, I waited outside my gate for my BFF Ariel (not the mermaid, in case your wondering. her parent are, shall we say, very creative). Checked my phone as I waited. No texts. Suddenly, I felt something leap on my back ( for the second time today!) I shrieked and turned around really quick, ninja style.

" I AM A BLACK BELT IN KUNG FU, I CAN KILL YOU IN MY SLEE-" I was cut of by a hand being shoved into my face. Then Ariel's cheeky voice came from behind me.

"Starz you'll NEVER guess what has happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I blinked at her.

" Come on, guess!"

" Okay... your Dad has bought you a new... umm...brand of chocolate bar?"
Stupid, I know, but Ariel gets easily excited.

" Is that the best you can do? Come on, walk with me and I'll tell you" she said smiling.
As we began to walk I asked

"Well?"
"Weellllllllllllll, you know Jason, in my math class? Tall, hunky, blond, totally amazing-"

"Yes I know who he is, what about him A?"

"Well... he's asked me out to that new ice cream parlour in town! It started yesterday when my teacher made me sit beside him because his math partner was out...."

Don't get me wrong, I was so happy for her! But Jason is a bit of a player. Also, Ariel kind of rambles on when she's excited. I looked up at the sky. It really was a beautiful day. Not a cloud in sight! Suddenly, on the horizon line I spotted a glitch. A sort of zap, a black fizzle, a flash. But after a second it was gone.

" And he said 'Hi' and I was nervous, but I managed to keep a straight face and-"

" Ariel! Look there! Did you see that?!"
I pointed to where I saw the flashy thing.

"No, what?"

"Just there- oh... never mind"

She went back to telling me about her 'amazing' bæ, but I wasn't listening. That flash, it wasn't lighting. I don't know what it was, but I new what I had seen. There was something about it, something abnormal.