2. an unexpected enemy

You struggled against the mans grip, his metal arm holding your wrist with a deathly grip. Normally, you were good at reading people's emotions, but his face remained expressionless under his mask.

He came to a sudden stop in front of a steel door, and knocked. A man in a suit opened it with a smile as his eyes landed on your battered and bruised face, and gestured for the man and you to enter. The man pushed you in and shoved you onto the cold floor.

You got up, but the guards grabbed you by your tied hands. They placed you in a chair with a weird metal contraption above you. Your hands were freed for a millisecond, only to be strapped into restraints once again.

You tried to speak, but the gag in your mouth muffled your words.

"I bet you're wondering why we brought you here, my dear," says the man in the lab coat. You yell at him through the piece of cloth covering your mouth, and tug against the restraints. You continue to struggle until you almost manage to get your right hand free, and Labcoat (thats what you decided to call him) nods to the man in the metal arm.

He walks over to you and pushes you back into the chair roughly, knocking the wind out of you. He wraps his hand around your neck and starts to choke you. Labcoat says to stop, and the man listens, backing away.

"You're here because your special. You went through terragenesis, yet you have no power, meaning you are but only human. I want to know what makes you tick," Labcoat says, bending down to your eye level. "Plus, having only one Winter Soldier is not enough. With you, we can have two Winter Soldiers in two different places."

He turns to the seemingly one way mirror, and nods. The contraption lowers to your head, and the process starts.

The process that leads to the worst years of your life.

___________

You held the gun up to the mans head.

*bang*

He was dead, your mission was complete.

___________

The woman begged, and pleaded for mercy, but you held your gaze strong.

You swung the pipe against her bloody head and she was dead.

___________

Mission after mission.

Death after death.

The worst part, the worst punishment of all; they let you remember every single one.