Chapter 1

All Deliah Freling ever wanted was to be a mother. But no matter how hard she and her husband tried. It never happened. They've attempted IVF, every pill and fertility ritual known to man. Nothing was working. So she prayed, something she had never done before. She prayed for a baby, a baby she could carry and deliver. Her prayers were answered, and a beautiful man with bright wings appeared. He told the couple that if he laid with her and then she lay with her husband, they'd be blessed with a baby.

Deliah was scared, so scared. But they wanted a baby so badly, so she did. She lay with the angel and then her husband. The angel was rough, and it hurt. But it worked; six weeks later, there were two lines on the pregnancy test, and she'd never been happier. Another man with wings appeared a week before she was set to deliver. 

He looked at her with a sneer; his large palms touched her belly, and light emitted from them. He sighed, "Chemosh, I'm going to kill you." His large dark eyes looked at her, "This Demon inside you will save humanity. I need you to take care of her; give her this on the eve of her 18th birthday." He handed her a small glass vial of sparkly, glowing liquid. "When the clock turns midnight, I'll be back for her. You will never see her again, but know that without her, what you know as the human race would perish."

"You can't have her, she's my baby."

He smiled at the woman, and while he looked beautiful and innocent, she could see the danger behind his eyes. "You should have thought of that before you made a deal with a Demon," he said.

"No, it was an Angel."

"Fallen, yes. Which makes him a Demon. His name is Chemosh, but don't worry about that. I'm concerned with her. Take care of her; if she's in danger at any time, I'll be back."

When Deliah gave birth, she had never been in so much pain; none of the drugs worked, and she felt everything. When she looked at her daughter, she was gorgeous, but her eyes flashed, and she looked demonic for a split second. So that's when she threw herself into the Church; if it was open, the Frelings were there. They thought they could pray the evil out of their child.

Kathryn Freling, had no real friends. Friends were a distraction from Christ. She was only allowed to leave her house when she went to Church. Granted, that was dozens of times a week, but she never got to hang out with any other children. She was forced to stay by her mother's side at all times. She only got to speak to anyone when she talked to her imaginary friends.

There were three who came to her the most. Minnie and Tae always tried to get Kat to do things that would get them in trouble. They loved pranks and mischief, but if she was ever close to getting hurt, the angry one showed up. He never told her his name and the other two always referred to him as Angel. He was beautiful, so the nickname made sense.

One time, when Kat was six, Tae showed up while she was reading a children's Bible. "Whatcha doing, kitten?"

She looked up and saw Tae hanging upside down from the tree branch. "Reading, Tae Tae. Like always."

Tae snorted and flipped down to sit beside her. He picked the Bible up and skimmed through the pages, mumbling how inaccurate it was. He tossed the book behind them and pulled them down to lie in the grass. "I'm bored; play with me."

She had no toys to play with, "we can play hide and seek if you want?"

He smiled his adorable boxy smile, "Can Minnie come play too?"

"Of course, I'll close my eyes and count to 10. You guys hide." They were imaginary friends so that they could appear and disappear at will. Kat counted to 10, and she heard them both giggle. She searched the entire yard and couldn't find them. Then she heard a little snap and looked at the fence. The lock popped off, and the gate swung open. Kat looked back at the house; she should be okay. Her parents don't pay much attention to her unless other people are around.