Chapter 20

"Kook, can you take this to your brother?" 

Jungkook looked up from the kitchen table where he was doing his homework. He had a half-day of school today since exams were coming up. To say that the 17-year-old was annoyed was putting it mildly; he absolutely didn't want to see his brother make out with his boyfriend. But then he perked up. He might get to see that little demon. She went to college this year with their brothers, and he barely gets to see her since she lives in the dorms.

"Sure, I love being my big but little because he's so short, brother's gopher."

Yoongi narrowed his eyes, "he's barely shorter than I am. Are you calling your Appa short?"

Jungkook stood up and looked down at his Appa Yoongi with his bunny smile. "Yeah! I'm just calling them like I see em." He started to hop away.

"Yah, in your next life, you will be shorter than Jimin," his Appa yelled.

Kook froze, his body jolting. "Do not put that bad juju on me. That's a literal nightmare for me."

Yoongi chuckled as he tossed the bag to his youngest son. "Take this to your brother. Knowing him, he's with Tae, and we all know that Tae is in the cafeteria, most likely."

So Jungkook grabbed the bag from his Appa and got in the car to drive over to the college. His Appa was right; they were in the cafeteria. Good, now he doesn't have to walk around looking for them because he's too stubborn to use his phone. He takes pride in the fact that he rarely uses his phone for its actual intended purpose. He loves that he never replies to his brothers' texts.

He was going over to his brother when he heard her giggle. His head snapped to the left, and there she was—walking next to a guy he'd never seen before. "Soobin," she giggled loudly as she smacked his arm. "Stop it."

The man, Soobin, reached over and tickled her on her side. Jungkook snapped; he threw the bag at his brother's face and marched straight over to the two. He grabbed Kat's wrist and pulled her behind him. "She told you to stop."

Soobin put his hands up, "Woah, calm down, kid. I come in peace."

"I'm not a kid," he seethed.

"Kookie, what are you doing here?" Kat asked softly. His head pointed towards their brothers with a grunt, "Well, do you want to eat with us?"

"Is he going to be there?"

Kat narrowed, her eyes, "Yes, Soobin is friends with Tae and Jimin. He eats lunch with us most days."

"Then no," Kook gritted out, "but I need to talk to you anyway." His hand was still on her wrist as he grabbed her backpack and put it on before he dragged her out of the cafeteria.

"Why are you dragging me out here? I only get an hour before my next class, and I am hungry, Kook."

He froze, and his rapid retreat from the building stopped as his breathing tried to even out. He was frustrated, and he didn't even know why. He didn't even like her; why was he so upset about seeing her laughing with that other guy? She's always been like that, so bubbly and happy. It's why no one understood why he called her little demon. She was more of an Angel than a Demon.

"I saw a food truck over at the next building, and I wanted to try it, but I don't want to go alone. You know how nervous I get."

Her face went from annoyance to immediate understanding. "Of course, Kookie, let's go get you some food." She took over. With his hand already in hers, she dragged him towards the food truck and fussed over what to order that he might like.

He leaned over, his chin on her shoulder. "I can order for myself, you know. I'm an adult."

She patted his cheek a bit, "Not for another month. Let Noona handle this. I've known you my whole life; I know what you like." When it was their turn, they shuffled up so he could stay in his place, where he was basically pretending to be her backpack with her actual backpack on his back. She ordered for them and smacked his hand when he tried to pay, saying it was her duty to treat him since she was older.

He huffed a bit, she acts like she's years older vs just a few months. His birthday is in September, so he's always had a grade lower than hers. So she always says she's a year older, which annoys him. He thanked her as she dragged him over to a shaded area for them to eat. "I didn't get a drink, but I have a bottle of water we can share in my backpack."

They ate in comfortable silence, and when their brothers and that guy were walking towards them, he scooted closer, wrapping an arm around her waist. Then he took the bottle from her lips and drank from it while maintaining eye contact with Soobin. "You are being strange today," she whispered.

But he didn't say anything; he was just excited about the indirect kiss in front of the stupid guy. "Tell Appa I said thanks and that I'll be home for dinner."

"Not your messenger," he mumbled back to his brother.

"Tell him I'll also be there tonight," Tae perked up.

"As opposed to any other night?" Kat shot back, "Our poor Appas never get to see you anymore. You go to college, and then it's like they don't exist anymore." She was pouting, but Jungkook knew that she wasn't upset; she liked it when he was gone because Tae was a tad crazy.

"Yah," he yelled as he chased her around on the grass. "Just for that, you have to go eat with them, and I'll stay home."

Jungkook perked up, "That sounds great, do that."

Kat raised her eyebrow and made a confused face, "Oh, okay."